Miso Ramen Soup. This miso ramen soup tastes much better than the soup base that comes with the package. In case you're wondering, the soup for Miso Ramen is not the "miso soup" made from dashi and miso paste. Miso ramen is a Japanese noodle soup with a broth seasoned with miso and served with a variety of vegetables and garnishes.
Miso ramen is one of my favorite soup noodle dishes! I think you'll love the savory and nutty flavor of the broth. This is an easy ramen recipe anyone can make at home – and it only takes a few minutes! You can have Miso Ramen Soup using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Miso Ramen Soup
- It’s 1 clove of Garlic *finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 of small piece Ginger *finely chopped.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Toban Djan (Chili Bean Sauce) *optional.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Sesame Oil.
- You need 1200 ml of Chicken Stock *OR Water & 2 teaspoons Asian Chicken Bouillon Powder.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Dashi Powder *Bonito type recommended.
- It’s 3-4 tablespoons of Miso.
- Prepare 1-2 of Spring Onion *lighter colour parts, cut to 10cm in length.
- It’s of Soy Sauce *for adjusting the saltiness.
- Prepare 2-4 tablespoon of Mirin for sweetness.
Ramen (/ˈrɑːmən/) (拉麺, ラーメン, rāmen, IPA: [ɾaꜜːmeɴ]) is a Japanese noodle soup. It consists of Chinese wheat noodles served in a meat or (occasionally) fish-based broth. It says, Ramen noodle in miso based soup is called miso ramen. Heat olive oil in a soup pot or a wok and cook minced ginger, garlic and pork on medium heat until pork is no longer pink.
Miso Ramen Soup step by step
- Heat Sesame Oil, Garlic and Ginger in a pot over medium low heat. When aromatic, add Toban Djan (Chili Bean Sauce) and stir, then add Chicken Stock, Dashi Powder and Spring Onion..
- Bring to the boil over higher heat, then simmer for 30 minutes or until flavours are all well combined. Add Miso and Mirin, and adjust the saltiness with Soy Sauce as you like..
- Place rightly cooked Ramen noodles and your favourite toppings (my favourite toppings for Miso Ramen are stir-fried Vegetables and Roasted Pork), and enjoy immediately!!!.
Time for some homemade miso ramen noodle soup. If you are still eating packaged ramen noodles, it's time to move on. College days are over, lol, at least for me. The thick miso-based ramen soup is quite flavoursome and it goes very well with ramen noodles. Stir-fried bean sprouts also match with the miso flavoured soup.