Braised Chicken In Pomegranate And Walnut Sauce. I served this Braised Pomegranate Chicken with Walnut Sauce with Scented Saffron Rice and Roasted Cauliflower "Gratin." If you like sweet and tangy, you will love this Pomegranate Chicken and Walnut dish. Don't let the walnut sauce throw you. It is so rich and creamy that you will think it.
Add the reduced pomegranate juice mixture, ground toasted walnuts, and chicken. Check to make sure the sauce is thickened and the chicken is cooked through and knife tender. Add the ground walnuts, pomegranate molasses, brown sugar, saffron, cumin and the chicken broth and bring to a boil. You can cook Braised Chicken In Pomegranate And Walnut Sauce using 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Braised Chicken In Pomegranate And Walnut Sauce
- It’s 500 gram of chicken thighs with bones.
- You need 1 of yellow onion grind to paste.
- It’s 1 of tomato grind to paste.
- It’s 1.5 tsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of pomegranate molasses.
- You need 200 grm of walnuts(toasted)1)2.
- You need 1/2 tsp of sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cinnamon powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of nutmeg powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of nutmeg powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of all spices powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of black pepper powder.
- It’s 1 litre of cold water.
- It’s to taste of salt.
- You need of Chichicken marinade.
- You need 1 tsp of paprika powder.
- Prepare 1tsp of salt.
Return the chicken to the sauce, turn to coat and season with. Pomegranate syrup, sometimes called pomegranate molasses, is available in most Middle Eastern and health food stores. If it is unavailable, you Sweet-sour adjustments: Add a little more sugar if the sauce is too tart, a little bit of lime or lemon juice if it is too sweet. Pomegranate juice is available at most grocery stores.
Braised Chicken In Pomegranate And Walnut Sauce step by step
- Grind walnuts until extremely fine with a paste like consistency..
- In a heavy bottomed pan and walnuts and cold water.Bring to boil and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.Turn the heat to simmer.Partially cover with lid and cook for 2 hours;stir occasionally to prevent walnuts from sticking..
- Marinate chicken in salt and paprika powder for 30 minutes..
- Heat butter and olive oil in a nonstick skillet on medium heat.Add chicken pieces and brown on all sides.Remove and keep aside..
- To the same skillet add onion paste;saute until brown and all the water has dried up Remove and keep aside..
- Once the walnut sauce has thickened and reduced in quantity,add chicken pieces,onion paste and the remaining ingredients. Cover and let cook over low heat for 45 minutes until chicken is cooked through..
- Taste seasoning and adjust accordingly.
- Cook uncovered on high heat for 10 minutes so the sauce thickens around the chicken pieces.Turn heat off..
- Garnish with pomegranate seeds and serve hot with steamed rice..
Return the chicken and any juices to the pan, spooning some of the sauce on top. Bring the liquid just to a boil, reduce the heat, cover the pan and simmer until the chicken is tender and. Ingredients for Braised Chicken with Walnuts Recipe. Add chicken, mix well and switch Transfer onto a serving plate. Garnish with pomegranate pearls and mint leaves serve immediately.