Chicken Tandoori. This is an authentic recipe for Tandoori chicken. Skinless legs and thighs are marinated in a tenderizing mixture of yogurt, lemon juice, and spices and the meat is slashed to the bone in several places helping the marinade penetrate and the chicken cook more quickly. Tandoori chicken is a chicken dish prepared by roasting chicken marinated in yogurt and spices in a tandoor, a cylindrical clay oven.
Tandoori chicken is an Indian chicken dish prepared by roasting chicken marinated in yogurt and spices in a tandoor cylindrical clay oven. This delicious chicken dish is extremely popular in Indian restaurants, and it's one of my favorite dishes to order. Tandoori chicken recipe with video & step by step pictures – Learn how to make delicious restaurant style tandoori chicken at home with this simple recipe. You can have Chicken Tandoori using 19 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Tandoori
- It’s 6 pieces of chicken drumsticks.
- Prepare of 1st Marination.
- It’s 3/4 tsp of Red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of ginger garlic paste.
- It’s of 2nd Marination.
- You need 1 cup of thick curd (filter the water out if any).
- You need 3/4 tsp of red chilli powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cumin powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of garam masala.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of coriander powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of pepper powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of lemon juice.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of ginger garlic paste.
- You need 10 of curry leaves finely chopped.
- You need of Salt as required.
- Prepare 1 tsp of oil.
Tandoori chicken originated from the Mughlai cuisine & is one of the most popular chicken appetizers that stole the hearts of many across the globe. This recipe will give you the soft, juicy, flavorful and delicious grilled chicken with. Although Tandoori Chicken is Indian cuisine, it has become the perennial Malaysian favorite that has assimilated into the food culture of all Malaysian with diverse backgrounds. There are so many people hooked onto tandoori chicken once they tried it.
Chicken Tandoori step by step
- Wash and pat dry drumstick pieces. Peel the skin off and make slits all over the chicken pieces.
- Marinate with all the ingredients under 1st marination and keep it aside for 15 mins.
- Now add all the ingredients under 2nd marination and keep it aside for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven at 350F. Transfer the pieces to a baking tray lined with aluminum foil. Sprinkle oil. Bake it for 15 – 20 mins on one side and 5 – 10 mins on other side. Keep it in broil for 5 mins. (Make sure it’s not over burnt)..
The flavor is the magical symphony of spices interplay with each other that tantalizing all. Tandoori Chicken is an Indian dish that's traditionally marinated in yogurt and spices then roasted in a hot tandoor oven (a cylindrical shaped clay oven). It usually has a vibrant color because most often you'll find it colored with turmeric, chili powders or even food coloring. Tandoori chicken is my favorite item at Indian buffets. How can anyone resist an all-you-can-eat spread of Indian food of Tandoori chicken, chicken tikka masala, butter chicken, naan, samosa and more?.