Chicken Cacciatore. Chicken cacciatore, an Italian hunter-style chicken braised in a tomato-based sauce with onions, garlic, and white wine. Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis. Chicken cacciatore is an easy skillet dinner that can be served up over either pasta or rice.
It's bursting with bright colors and fresh flavor. The word cacciatore means "hunter" in Italian, which refers to a dish being prepared in a hunter style. Hunter style dishes typically contain onions, herbs, bell peppers. You can have Chicken Cacciatore using 18 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Cacciatore
- It’s 8 of chicken drum sticks.
- Prepare 12 oz of can crushed tomato.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped bell pepper.
- You need 1-1/2 cups of chopped onion.
- You need 1 tablespoon of garlic powder.
- You need 1 tablespoons of onion powder.
- It’s 1/2 tablespoon of ground oregano.
- You need 1/2 cup of oj.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning.
- You need 1 teaspoon of brown sugar.
- Prepare of Oil for searing chicken and veggies.
- You need 500 g of spaghetti noodle.
- You need 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of parsley.
- Prepare of Salt for noodles.
- You need of Parmesan cheese.
Chicken Cacciatore, also known as hunter's chicken, is a comforting and irresistible one-pot Enjoy this classic Italian Chicken Cacciatore Recipe served over your favorite pasta, rice, or mashed. In cuisine, alla cacciatora refers to a meal prepared "hunter-style" with onions, herbs, usually tomatoes, often bell peppers, and sometimes wine. Cacciatore is popularly made with braised chicken (pollo alla cacciatora) or rabbit (coniglio alla cacciatora). Chicken Cacciatore generally involves browning chicken pieces in a pot over high heat, then sauteing a mix of vegetables—onions, peppers Chicken Cacciatore!
Chicken Cacciatore instructions
- In a large pot over med high heat sear chicken till golden but not fully cooked..
- Remove chicken. Set aside.
- Wash your pot to re use.
- Add oil for veggies add onions and peppers and saute till onions are translucent but not caramelized..
- Add orange juice to the veggies cook for 2 min..
- Over low med heat add crushed tomato, garlic powder, onion powder, brown sugar, salt, oregano, pepper and Italian seasoning (stir).
- Add chicken drum sticks stir to coat chicken. With tomato pasta sauce..
- Cover and cook on low for 30-min till chicken is fully cooked.
- While chicken Cacciatore is cooking you want to cook your pasta as it says on the directions of package. If possible take one cup of your pasta water and add it to your chicken cacciatore.
- Once your pasta is cooked and strained carfully mix in butter salt garlic and parsley..
- On a glass plate add pasta Chicken Cacciatore sauce and a drumstick sprinkle parmesan cheese on top and enjoy.
But we're not quite ready to serve yet. This Chicken Cacciatore, or Hunter-style chicken, is a delicious and healthy one-pot meal, with golden braised chicken thighs, mushrooms, sweet bell peppers, tomatoes, and green olives. Easy Skillet Chicken Cacciatore fast and easy and so delicious, a hearty chicken dish made with fresh ingredients. Italian Comfort Food never tasted so good. Marinated artichoke hearts and black olives flavor this version of chicken cacciatore made with chicken breasts and Madeira wine.