Smothered chicken or pork chops (shown with pork chops). Smothered Pork Chops are a classic American dish that is easy to make and full of delicious flavor. Thick cut pork chops are covered in a perfect Thick cut pork chops are covered in a perfect, savory gravy with onions and mushrooms. If your idea of a pork chop is a thin, dry, little piece of.
Stir in the buttermilk to make a creamy gravy and return the. Instructions Season pork chops with seasoning salt and pepper and poultry seasoning. Pour in chicken broth and using a wooden spoon, scrape up the browned bits from the. You can have Smothered chicken or pork chops (shown with pork chops) using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Smothered chicken or pork chops (shown with pork chops)
- You need pack of Chicken thighs or boneless pork chops family size.
- It’s 1/2 – 1 tbsp of seasoning.
- It’s To taste of Garlic powder.
- You need To taste of Black pepper.
- It’s To taste of Cayenne.
- You need To taste of Tony’s or other creole seasoning.
- Prepare 1/2-1 of bell pepper (depending on size).
- Prepare 1/2 of onion.
- It’s of Minced Garlic.
- You need 2-3 of stalk’s celery.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of flour.
- You need As needed of Olive oil or vegetable oil (enough to coat the bottom of the pan).
- Prepare Approx 1 cup of water.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Kitchen bouquet.
The Best Pork Chop Recipe : Smothered Pork Chops Recipe. Growing up, one of my favorite How to Make Smothered Pork Chops. To smother meat means to cook it low-and-slow in rich gravy The usual liquid for gravy is water but to add more flavor to this pork chop gravy, I added chicken stock. This recipe can be made using pork chops with a bone or boneless, whichever you prefer.
Smothered chicken or pork chops (shown with pork chops) instructions
- Make a a Glass of wine or drink of choice because why not!.
- Season your meat WELL and set to the side.
- Chop onions, bell pepper, celery and combine with minced garlic (fresh or jar).
- Fry seasoned meat in oil in large skillet until browned on both sides then remove from pan and set aside.
- Using the drippings in the pan sauté the vegetables and add a little water to keep them moist (anything stuck to the pan will come up in this step).
- Once sauted and soft, add remainder of water and then stir in 1 tbsp of flour and mix until slightly thick and then add kitchen bouquet and mix until desired color.
- Add meat back into mixture and cover continue to cook on low heat until meat is tender. (Note you can also transfer to dutch oven or pan and bake which I think is easiest).
- Add more seasoning to taste if needed and voila!.
- Serve over white rice and enjoy with a side vegetable like green beans!.
Either way, it's easy to make in the oven or a Crock Pot. Smothered Chops / Oven or Crock Pot. This smothered pork chops recipe is legit simple. The gravy makes itself right in the slow cooker with the pork chops so you basically just dump everything in there and then go live your life. This recipe features pan-fried pork chops covered in a simple but super savory onion gravy and Add the chicken broth, buttermilk, and water.