Homemade Sloppy Joes. Step away from the canned sauce and give these homemade sloppy joes a try! The Best Sloppy Joes are homemade and delicious enough for adults and kids alike! The whole family will love this delicious easy dinner.
Let me tell ya something about my dear, sweet husband; the man is obsessed with tater tots and hash browns. Homemade sloppy joes are nearly as easy as using the canned sauce, but they taste oh so much better! Kids and adults both love this sloppy joe recipe with my sweet and tangy sauce. You can have Homemade Sloppy Joes using 17 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Homemade Sloppy Joes
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of butter, 1 teaspoon olive oil.
- It’s 1 lb of ground beef.
- You need 1 of green bell pepper, finely diced.
- It’s 1/2 of and onion, finely diced.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 2 of heaping tablespoons tomato paste.
- It’s of Sauce ingredients.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of ketchup.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of water, with 1 tablespoon flour whisked in.
- You need 1 teaspoon of yellow mustard.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of brown sugar (I usually add a little more).
- You need 1 tablespoon of chili powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper (or more for extra kick).
- It’s Dash of hot sauce.
Sloppy joes are meaty sandwiches that your whole family will love. These hearty sandwiches are the perfect quick and easy weeknight dinner. A homemade Sloppy Joe recipe that's true to its name – sloppy moreish deliciousness! These Sloppy Joes are savoury and sweet with a touch of tang.
Homemade Sloppy Joes instructions
- Heat butter and oil in large skillet over MED/MED-HIGH heat. Add beef and brown, breaking apart into crumbles as it cooks, about 5 minutes. Drain..
- Add onion and bell pepper to same skillet and cook 2-3 minutes, until soft. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds or so, until fragrant. Add beef back to the skillet and add tomato paste. Stir well..
- Stir together sauce ingredients and add to the skillet..
- Cook over MED heat for 10-15 minutes, until mixture has thickened to your liking. Remove from heat and serve over toasted buns. (Do not skip toasting the buns or you'll have a super sloppy joe that's impossible to eat).
Terrific freezer friendly meal option and to. These sloppy joes are full of flavor from fresh onions, garlic, bell pepper, celery, and lots of spices. The homemade sauce is slightly sweetened with brown sugar with a bold flavor from all the savory spices. Sloppy Joes from Delish.com are better than any cafeteria could make. No one can deny the enticing lure of sloppy joes.