Cinnamon Roasted Chicken with Pumpkin Sage Grits. All Reviews for Cinnamon Roasted Chicken with Pumpkin-Sage Grits. This chicken and grits dish is a little Moroccan and a little southern. I have done the chicken with and without the grits.
Oven-cooked chicken recipes are perfect for fall, as are the ingredients in this cinnamon chicken recipe. For a simple side, try our four-ingredient pumpkin grits recipe. This Honey Sesame Chicken is battered and fried pieces of chicken with a lightly sweet, spicy sauce that coats the chicken and. You can cook Cinnamon Roasted Chicken with Pumpkin Sage Grits using 10 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cinnamon Roasted Chicken with Pumpkin Sage Grits
- You need 4 oz of thin sliced chicken breast.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of water.
- It’s 2/3 cup of instant grits.
- It’s 1/2 cup of canned pumpkin.
- You need 1 tbsp of snipped fresh sage.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
Fresh sage adds wonderful flavor to a side made with instant grits and canned pumpkin—the perfect accompaniment to this spice-rubbed roasted chicken. Keyword cinnamon sugar pumpkin seeds, homemade pumpkin seeds, how to make roasted pumpkin seeds, pumpkin seeds recipe, pumpkin That's so funny they didn't want to touch the guts this year! I carved a pumpkin with my students last week and a whole bunch of them refused to stick. Cinnamon and sugar are baked onto fresh pumpkin seeds for a sweet cinnamon toast-flavored treat during Halloween season.
Cinnamon Roasted Chicken with Pumpkin Sage Grits instructions
- Preheat oven to 400°. Arrange chicken in 13×9 inch baking pan. Drizzle chicken with oil and sprinkle with 1 tsp. of salt, all the cinnamon, and all of the pepper. Rub the spices over all sides of chicken. Roast in oven 18-20 minutes or until done. Meanwhile, in medium saucepan bring water to boil. Stir in grits until combined. Stir in pumpkin, sage, and 1/2 tsp of salt. Return to boiling; reduce heat. Cook, uncovered, for 5-7 minutes or until thickened, stir frequently. Remove from heat; stir in cheese. To serve, spoon grits on plate and top with chicken..
- I also made french style green beans with mine. This was a new and delish dish for me! Whole family liked it!.
Rubbing the sage and garlic into the chicken under the skin allows flavor to permeate the flesh. Adding the last bit of herb rub at the end of the roasting time gives the Center chicken on a decorative platter surround with Roasted Butternut Squash and Potatoes. Garnish with sprigs of sage and parsley. Cinnamon roasted chicken with pumpkin sage grits. This Cinnamon Roasted Pumpkin is a recipe adapted from Karen Martini, a great Australian chef.