Sloppy Joes with Meatballs. Make sloppy joe meatball subs with frozen meatballs, sloppy joe sauce, sub buns and cheese. Who doesn't love a good sloppy joe? Kids love to eat them and moms love that sloppy joes are an easy dinner that is cooked up quickly.
But the answer was a resounding yes (why was I even nervous? If you've been known to get a little messy at the dinner table, then we've got a meal that's just right for you! Try our Sloppy Joe Meatball Sandwiches for. You can have Sloppy Joes with Meatballs using 30 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sloppy Joes with Meatballs
- Prepare of Meatball #1.
- You need 1/2 pound of pork bulk sausage.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of fennel seed.
- You need of Meatball #2.
- Prepare 1/4 pound of pork bulk sausage.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Italian seasonings.
- It’s of Meatball #3.
- You need 1/4 pound of pork bulk sausage.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Italian seasonings.
- You need 2 tablespoons of grated Parmesan.
- You need 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- It’s of Sloppy Joe.
- Prepare 2 pound of ground beef.
- You need 1 tablespoon of minced garlic.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- It’s 1 cup of chopped tomatoes.
- You need 1-1/2 cup of diced onion.
- You need 15 ounces of tomato sauce.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of tomato paste.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of dijon mustard.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of yellow prepared mustard.
- You need 1 tablespoon of country French dressing I used Ken's Steakhouse.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of capers.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- Prepare of Bread.
- It’s As needed of hoagie bun.
- You need 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise optional.
- Prepare As needed of kosher pickle.
- It’s To taste of cayenne pepper optional.
The sloppy joes of my youth tended to be either from a can or from a cafeteria, and neither were particularly special. The good news is that we can easily improve on them. Pasta with Turkey Meatballs and Roasted Vegetables. Homemade Sloppy Joes are SO EASY and tastes better!
Sloppy Joes with Meatballs instructions
- Take half the sausage and add the fennel seed. Form into tiny meatballs..
- Take the other half of the sausage add the Italian spices. Use half the mixture to form meatballs..
- Add Parmesan cheese and garlic to the last part of sausage mixed with Italian seasonings. Now fry them in batches. No need in keeping them separate this is going to give you layers of flavors..
- Turn as needed if you don't get them done now it's ok they will finish cooking in the sauce when you add them later. Just make sure to get a good cook on the outside to make them firm..
- After you set aside the meatballs. Add the ground beef to the pan. Dice the onion. Add the onion to the beef and brown. Chop the beef as it cooks. This will make the beef be more plentiful in the sauce for a more meaty sloppy Joe..
- Chop the tomatoes, minced garlic, salt, and pepper. Salt the tomatoes and add to the ground beef. Stir and sauté for 7 minutes..
- Add the two mustards, and the french dressing. Add the meatballs and stir well..
- After8 minutes add the tomato sauce, sugar, and simmer covered for 12 minutes. Add the tomato paste, and capers, and stir well. Simmer 3 minutes the sprinkle in the red wine vinegar. Cover simmer 20 minutes. Stir occasionally. If the ground beef is high fat skim the top with a spoon..
- Let rest 15 minutes covered. Add mayonnaise, cayenne pepper, and pickle to your buns add the sloppy joe mix. Serve, I hope you enjoy!!!!.
This Sloppy Joe recipe is a keeper you'll make again and again. I read somewhere that Sloppy Joes are a "Poor man's barbecue", and I blinked, somewhat bemused. Because while it's a terrifically economical meal option and easy to. Homemade Sloppy Joes – A nostalgic, economical and easy recipe that feeds the whole family! These sloppy joes are hearty, savory and have the best It's one of those dishes that almost everyone grew up eating, along with meatloaf, chicken pot pie, spaghetti and meatballs, shepherd's pie and pot roast.