Bell Pepper and Ground Beef Barley Soup. Vegetable Beef Barley Soup Crock Pot Recipes. In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, celery and onion over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. I like ground beef in soup, but I don't like the flavor of beef fat so I like to rinse the cooked ground beef with VERY HOT water before I use it in Cook the soup until the barley is done but still slightly chewy, then stir in the balsamic vinegar, season to taste with salt and fresh ground black pepper.
Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve. This Stuffed Pepper Soup is a great hearty Fall time soup. Learn how to make this easy ground beef and bell pepper soup. You can have Bell Pepper and Ground Beef Barley Soup using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Bell Pepper and Ground Beef Barley Soup
- Prepare 1 lb of ground beef.
- It’s 3 of bell peppers: red, yellow, & orange.
- It’s 1/2 cup of barley.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of parsley.
- You need 1 of large onion.
- It’s 1 can (8 oz) of stewed tomatoes.
- It’s 1 tsp of rosemary.
- Prepare 48 oz of beef broth.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
Tastes just like a stuffed pepper. Beef Barley Soup – A comforting hearty bowl of soup made with carrots, celery, onions, lean beef and pearl barley. See, ground beef barley soup is the best! Tips for Best Beef Barley Soup.
Bell Pepper and Ground Beef Barley Soup instructions
- Brown the ground beef in a frying pan with olive oil. Meat should be in small pieces..
- Cut the bell peppers and onion into 1 inch pieces..
- Add the bell peppers, barley, beef broth, ground beef, stewed tomatoes, rosemary, and parsley into a large pot. Place the pot onto the stove and bring all ingredients to a boil then turn down the heat, cover, and simmer until done. How long you cook it depends on how well done you like your vegetables. I cook it for 30 minutes because I like crispy vegetables..
If you drain beef fat, do so in garbage or city collected compost. beef stock or beef broth, plus more as needed. I decided to use three colors of bell peppers, because my grocery store does this neat thing where they package up all Ground oregano (you can also use ground thyme)… And, to make sure the soup eaters are awake, a little bit of cayenne pepper. This ultra comforting beef barley soup recipe is made so easily in the slow cooker, which also makes for incredibly tender beef and vegetables, with perfectly textured barley! Try this hearty beef barley soup and get more comfort food recipes and ideas from Food.com. Place carrot, celery, green pepper, onion, corn and green beans in crock pot.