Ground Beef Pot Pie. Check out the ground beef pot pie recipe card below, grab those ingredients, and start cooking! You'll love how easy this recipe is to make. This delish dish starts with refrigerated pie crust for quick prep and a savory, satisfying meal.
Recipe Hey everyone, I hope you enjoyed watching my video. Please don't forget to like and subscribe to my channel and thank you. Kind of like beef stew crossed with a pot-pie. You can have Ground Beef Pot Pie using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Ground Beef Pot Pie
- It’s 1 of psychobetty's pie crust recipe.
- Prepare 1/2 lb of ground beef.
- It’s 1/2 small of onion, chopped.
- You need 1 tsp of minced garlic.
- It’s 2 tbsp of flour.
- You need 2 cup of beef broth.
- Prepare 1/2 packages of frozen mixed vegetables.
- It’s 1/4 cup of milk, cream or ½ & ½.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt and pepper.
- It’s 1 of egg, beaten with a splash of water.
- It’s 1 pinch of coarse sea salt for dusting of top layer of pie crust.
Easy to make and it was sooooo good! Kind of like beef stew crossed with a pot-pie. View top rated Ground beef pot pie soup recipes with ratings and reviews. Add salt and pepper to taste and stir.
Ground Beef Pot Pie instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°..
- Over medium high heat cook ground beef until browned. Add onions and sweat for 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 2 more minutes..
- Add flour to the ground beef mixture. Stir for one minute and then slowly whisk the beef broth in, scraping up any browned bits on the bottom of the pan..
- Once mixture thickens add salt and pepper to taste. Add milk and bring back up to a simmer. Stir in mixed vegetables and remove from heat. Cool slightly..
- Prepare your pie pan with half of the dough rolled out for the bottom and the remaining rolled out for top layer..
- Pour ground beef mixture into the pie pan over the bottom crust. Fit the top crust over the ground beef mixture. Brush egg wash over the top generously. Sprinkle coarse sea salt over the egg wash..
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and bubbling. Serve with a nice leafy salad ir green vegetable..
Return the browned meat to the pot and reduce the heat to low. Easy ground beef veggie pot pie with Bisquick topping. A pot pie is a type of pie with a top pie crust, and a bottom pie crust, consisting of flaky pastry. The term is used in North America. Pot pies may be made with a variety of fillings including poultry, beef.