Herb roasted chicken. These juicy and tender Herb Roasted Chicken Breasts are a breeze to make and are a great substitute for store bought rotisserie chicken. This Perfect Herb Roasted Chicken is sponsored by Peapod. For me, a Perfect Herb Roasted Chicken is my idea of the absolute best comfort food!
Plus, it's versatile enough for a weeknight dinner or weekend dinner party. Chicken thighs, slathered in herb vinaigrette, roasted on bed of sliced potatoes and shallots. Here's great idea for an easy, one-dish meal—herb roasted chicken thighs baked on a bed of potatoes. You can have Herb roasted chicken using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Herb roasted chicken
- It’s of Chicken.
- It’s 3 lb of whole chicken.
- It’s 1 of lemon, quartered.
- Prepare 2 of Bay leaves.
- Prepare 1 of parsley stems (from the parsley leaves for the herb rub).
- It’s of herb rub.
- It’s 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
- You need 1 tbsp of chopped thyme leaves.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of chopped sage leaves.
- You need 1 tbsp of (optional) fresh chopped tarragon or other broad leaf spice.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of olive oil.
- It’s 2 tbsp of chopped parsley leaves (reserve the parsley stems for the chicken).
- You need of Salt and pepper rub.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of salt.
- You need 2 tsp of black pepper.
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen. Pat the chicken dry; generously season the skin and inside the cavity with salt and pepper. This recipe uses spices you probably already have in your pantry, so you can rest easy that if you have chicken you have the ingredients you need to make this recipe. Herb-Roasted Chicken is easy to make using your favorite Ninja® appliances.
Herb roasted chicken step by step
- Preheat the oven to 475°F.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper everywhere.
- Combine the garlic, thyme, sage, parsley leaves, any optional spices like tarragon, and olive oil in a bowl.
- Mix the herb blend using a chopstick or fork (easier to clean than a whisk) and rub it all over the chicken, inside and out.
- Squeeze each lemon quarter into the chicken.
- Put the parsley stems into the chicken along with the squeezed lemon quarters.
- Put the bay leaves in the chicken.
- Put the chicken in a roasting pan, covering the bottom with foil to catch drips, and put in the oven.
- Roast for about 45 minutes to an hour or until the chicken is golden brown and juices run clear. A thermometer will say 160°F in the thickest part of the chicken breast.
- Remove from the oven and let it sit for 10 minutes, then carve and serve.
Discover delicious and inspiring recipes from Ninja® for every meal. Ridiculously easy and foolproof oven-roasted herb chicken drumsticks. Seasoned perfectly with a mixture of dried herbs and then roasted until golden crisp on the outside and melt in your mouth. No one has to know how easy peasy it is. This will allow all of the juiciness of the bird to.