Ground Beef Chili. Cook this beef chili low and slow. It's the long, lazy simmer that really sets this meaty chili apart. This hearty beef and bean chili is a comforting dish that will warm you up on cold fall and winter days.
It's especially good with homemade corn bread. I have always loved to cook, and I enjoy developing original recipes. If you're looking to make a big batch of hearty ground beef chili, this is the recipe for you. You can cook Ground Beef Chili using 19 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Ground Beef Chili
- It’s 3 lb of ground beef (I have made this with 2 lbs and it was enough for my family).
- Prepare 1 of large onion, chopped.
- It’s 1 of medium green bell pepper, chopped.
- Prepare 2 of celery ribs, chopped.
- You need 2 can of kidney beans, rinsed and drained (16 oz).
- It’s 1 can of tomato puree (29 oz).
- You need 1 jar of salsa (16 oz).
- Prepare 1 can of beef broth (10.5 oz).
- Prepare 1 cup of (to 2 cups) water.
- You need 2 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 1/4 cup of chili powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of dried basil.
- It’s 2 tsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 2 tsp of steak sauce (A1 or Heinz 57).
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground black pepper.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of browning sauce, optional (I never put this in).
- Prepare 1 of Top with additional chopped onion, shredded sharp cheddar cheese, sour cream, and oyster crackers if you'd like!.
We love chili and can't get enough of it – especially in the winter months. Now that I spend my days taking care of. Make delicious chili on your stove or in your slow cooker. This homemade ground beef chili, a delicious meal from scratch, is made with red kidney beans and green chile.
Ground Beef Chili step by step
- In large pot (I always use my Dutch oven) brown ground beef with onion, green bell pepper and celery. Drain.
- Stir in all other ingredients, bring up to a boil, and then down to a simmer for 30 minutes, uncovered, or until desired thickness..
- Top with onion, cheese, sour cream, and oyster crackers if you'd like!.
- Got recipe from Taste of Home, Winning Recipes.
Easy Ground Beef Chili is a hearty, winning meal for a crowd. Make this classic recipe with beans, tomatoes, peppers, and blend of spices. Warm up on a cold night with these delicious and hearty ground beef chili recipes that will satisfy even the pickiest eaters. MORE+ LESS For our Best Ground Beef Chili recipe, we found that the key to getting tender, flavorful beef was to treat it like chuck. The best beef chili in my book.