Roasted Herb Basted Chicken. Uncover and baste the chicken with the pan juices. In a bowl, prepare the basting sauce by combining olive oil, onion, garlic, thyme, rosemary, sage, marjoram, salt, pepper, and hot pepper sauce. This chicken is roasted with garlic, lemon, and herbs in the cavity and basted with a delicious aromatic herb-butter.
Whenever I make it he can hardly stop eating and always leaves the table full and happy. Place chicken on a cutting board. Season cavity with salt and pepper. You can cook Roasted Herb Basted Chicken using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Roasted Herb Basted Chicken
- You need 3 tbsp of Olive oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of Minced onion.
- You need 1 clove of Crushed garlic.
- It’s 1 tsp of Dried thyme.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Dried rosemary.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Ground sage.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Dried marjoram.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Ground black pepper.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Hot pepper sauce.
- Prepare 2 lb of Chicken breasts.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of Chopped fresh parsley.
Place lemon halves and herb stems in cavity. Spread the remaining butter over the top of the chicken covering all skin. Using kitchen twine, tie the ends of both legs together tightly. Take the chicken out of the refrigerator so it has a few minutes to come up to temperature.
Roasted Herb Basted Chicken step by step
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220 C)..
- In a medium bowl, combine the olive oil, onion, garlic, thyme, rosemary, sage, marjoram, salt, pepper, and hot pepper sauce..
- Turn the chicken breasts in the sauce and coat thoroughly..
- Place chicken in a shallow baking dish; cover with foil to retain moisture..
- Roast chicken, basting occasionally with pan drippings for 40 minutes..
- Remove dish and spoon drippings over chicken. Sprinkle with fresh parsley..
Use a basting brush to paint garlic butter onto the chicken skin. Sprinkle part of the herbs over the butter. Turn chicken over and repeat with remaining butter and herbs. Herb-Roasted Chicken and Vegetables: Before roasting chicken, in a large saucepan bring lightly salted water to boiling. Pat the chicken dry; generously season the skin and inside the cavity with salt and pepper.