Roasted Chicken with Pistachio Crust & Veggies. Huge Selection of Roasted, Salted, Flavored & More. This Perfectly Seasoned, Moist & Tender Chicken Awaits You And Your Family. Lightly coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
The outside of the chicken gets crispy and crunchy and the inside stays juicy. Pistachios can usually be found in the shell, or pre-shelled. I have to suggest getting the pre-shelled nuts. You can cook Roasted Chicken with Pistachio Crust & Veggies using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Roasted Chicken with Pistachio Crust & Veggies
- You need 6 lb of whole chicken.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of panko bread crumbs.
- It’s 3/4 cup of ground pistachios.
- It’s 2/3 cup of dried onions.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of dried garlic.
- It’s 1 tbsp of dried parsley.
- Prepare 1 tsp of seasoned salt.
- You need 1/4 cup of olive oil, extra virgin.
- Prepare 2 of carrots chopped.
- You need 2 of zucchini chopped.
- It’s 1 of yellow squash, chopped.
- It’s 1 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of olive oil, extra virgin.
In a shallow bowl, combine pistachios and tarragon. Place flour and eggs in separate bowls. Coat chicken with flour, then dip in eggs and coat with pistachio mixture. The pistachios are combined with breadcrumbs for a wonderful crunchy crust while the inside of the chicken stayed moist and tender.
Roasted Chicken with Pistachio Crust & Veggies instructions
- Preheat oven for 350. Rinse chicken. Pat chicken dry. Place in baking pan..
- Add ground pistachio, panko bread crumbs, dried garlic and rest of dried ingredients in bowl and combine..
- Coat chicken with oil. Then coat with pistachio mixture. Remove chicken from pan and get rid of excess coating from pan. Can use with pan drippings for gravy later. Place chicken back in pan..
- Add chopped veggies around chicken..
- Bake chicken and veggies for 120 minutes (or maybe 10 minutes less depending on your oven)when crust is golden brown on chicken. Let rest for 10 minutes. Then serve..
In a food processor, place pistachios, cumin, chile powder and ¼ tsp each salt and pepper; pulse until pistachios are finely chopped, then spread on a plate. Dip each chicken thigh first into egg and then into pistachio mixture, pressing to coat both sides; place on prepared rack over first baking sheet. In a food processor or blender, add the remaining pistachios and bread crumbs; grind to fine crumbs. Add panko and blend, using on/off turns. Mix mustard, basil, dill and rosemary in medium bowl.