Roasted Sweet Pepper Chicken Marinara. Sweet C's » Recipes » The Best Easy Roasted Red Pepper Marinara Sauce Recipe. The Best Easy Roasted Red Pepper Marinara Sauce Recipe. Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, rosemary, basil, oregano, and italian seasoning to taste and stir together.
In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. If you use store bought marinara, omit the basil, oregano, and half of the garlic, and just add the balsamic vinegar to the sauce before covering the chicken and peppers. Sweet Pepper Chicken – quick and easy chicken stir-fry with mini sweet peppers, in a savory and sweet sauce made with Thai sweet chili sauce and oyster sauce. You can have Roasted Sweet Pepper Chicken Marinara using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Roasted Sweet Pepper Chicken Marinara
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need of garlic powder.
- You need of Dried Rosemary.
- Prepare of basil.
- Prepare of oregano.
- You need of italian seasoning.
- Prepare of salt.
- It’s of ground black pepper.
- It’s 4 of chicken breasts.
- You need of shredded parmesean.
- Prepare of Non-stick cooking spray.
- It’s of Sauce.
- You need 3 cup of Grape Tomatoes.
- Prepare 9 oz of mini sweet peppers.
- You need 1/2 cup of milk.
- You need 2 clove of garlic, minced.
- You need 1/4 cup of water.
I have recently discovered mini sweet peppers, a variety of colorful peppers that are petite in size. Pour out of pot to a blender/food processor. Blend until smooth and return to pot. I'm not a giant marinara fan because it's often too bland and/or sweet for my taste.
Roasted Sweet Pepper Chicken Marinara step by step
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut tops off of each whole sweet pepper. Put one tbsp of the olive oil in a deep cookie sheet. Spread grape tomatoes and whole peppers across the cookie sheet and bake for 40 minutes..
- After 40 minutes, remove tomatoes and peppers from oven and set to the side. In medium-large saucepan, pour the other tablespoon of olive oil in the pan and sautée minced garlic until golden..
- Drain excess oil from pan. Pour 1/4 cup water into saucepan and add tomatoes and milk. (Milk may look slightly separated at first). Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, rosemary, basil, oregano, and italian seasoning to taste and stir together..
- Crush tomatoes with fork until even/desired consistency is achieved. (I like mine chunky) Let simmer, covered, for a few minutes until sauce is slightly reduced, stirring occasionally..
- While sauce is simmering, season chicken with salt, pepper, garlic, rosemary, basil, oregano, and italian seasoning to taste. Spray pan with nonstick spray and cook chicken on medium-low heat until done..
- Remove chicken from pan and place in a shallow bowl. Top each breast with sauce and shredded parmesean and serve..
But I really like this one and would like to keep some in the freezer to use instead of store-bought marinara. I omitted the sugar and fennel seeds. Added ground red pepper, which gave a slight spicy kick. Stir in spaghetti sauce and wine. However, just found these gorgeous Sunset One Sweet Peppers in the market.