Ground Beef and Potatoes. This easy ground beef and potato casserole is layered with vegetables and cheese. It's a comforting one-dish meal, perfect for a busy family. Put the potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water.
Ground beef and potatoes cooked in a tomato sauce is a dish known as picadillo sencillo, or carne molida con papas. All the ingredients are usually Stir and keep cooking until potatoes are slightly tender, but still firm. This Cheesy Ground Beef and Potato Casserole recipe is easy, comforting and easy on the budget. You can have Ground Beef and Potatoes using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Ground Beef and Potatoes
- Prepare 2/3 pound of black Angus ground beef.
- You need 1-1/4 pound of Yukon gold potatoes.
- Prepare 1-3/4 cup of buttermilk.
- It’s 1/4 cup of parsley flakes.
- You need 1/4 cup of diced onion.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
Using hamburger / ground beef, lots of potatoes, vegetables. Add ground beef and onion to a large skillet, season with salt and pepper then cook until ground beef is cooked though and crumbled. Add one layer of potato slices to the bottom of the baking dish. In this Paleo bowl, ground beef and sweet potatoes are combined to create a dish with depths of texture and flavor that will impress, especially for those hesitant to venture too far away from traditional "meat and potatoes" fare.
Ground Beef and Potatoes step by step
- Wash and dice the potatoes. Add to a pan sprayed with nonstick I used olive oil spray. Dice the onion add along with the spices, except the parsley..
- Add the beef and cover stirring occasionally. After the potatoes are fork tender add the flour. Stir a bit..
- Add the parsley and stir in. Parsley flakes will allow you to know if its incorporated well. Add the buttermilk and stir in allow to thicken and coat well. Allow to rest 10 minutes. Serve I hope you enjoy!!!.
Although the ingredients list is fairly long. Our ground beef and mashed potato casserole is a version of the classic Shepherd's Pie. I add a tablespoon of soy with the worcestershire. I also use regular mixed veggies not a california blend. At first i made my own potatoes but found that using two different kinds of instant is far better (roasted.