Mapo Tofu Braised silken tofu and ground beef with spicy sauce. Authentic Szechuan style mapo tofu is one of the branding dishes of Szechuan cuisine. It is spicy, numbing, hot, aromatic and tender. Tofu – silken tofu will not work for this dish as it will literally fall apart as you stir it while cooking.
Drain and spread on paper towels to dry; set aside. Get the Recipe Sichuan Braised Tofu with Beef (Mapo Tofu). But in fact, mapo tofu—soft cubes of tofu and a modest amount of ground beef or pork swimming in a glossy red sauce with loads of garlic and ginger, multiple fermented bean seasonings, numbing Sichuan peppercorns, and fiery Sichuan. You can have Mapo Tofu Braised silken tofu and ground beef with spicy sauce using 19 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mapo Tofu Braised silken tofu and ground beef with spicy sauce
- Prepare 120 g of Ground beef.
- It’s 1 pack of Tofu.
- It’s 1 Tsp of Grated garlic.
- You need of (Season beef).
- You need 1 Tsp of Sake.
- It’s 1 Tbs of Water.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of Soy sauce.
- You need 1 pinch of Salt.
- You need 1 of &1/2 Tbs Starch.
- You need 1 Tsp of Canola oil.
- Prepare of (Seasonings for sauce).
- Prepare 200 cc of Chicken&Pork broth.
- You need 1 Tbs of Cooking sake.
- Prepare 2 Tbs of Soy sauce.
- Prepare 2/3 Tsp of Doubanjiang (Chilli bean sauce).
- It’s of (Flavouring oils).
- It’s 1 Tsp of Sesame oil.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of Chilli oil.
- It’s 1 Tbs of Canola oil.
Mapo Tofu is a popular Chinese dish from Sichuan Province, where spicy food is king and the signature spice of the region–the Sichuan Peppercorn–gives dishes a The spicy sauce coats the soft cubes of silken tofu, tasty bits of ground pork, scallion, and Sichuan (or Szechuan) peppercorns. Our version of mapo tofu is bold in flavor, with a balanced spiciness. We started with cubed soft tofu, poaching it gently in chicken broth to help the cubes stay intact in the braise. For the sauce base, we used plenty of ginger and garlic.
Mapo Tofu Braised silken tofu and ground beef with spicy sauce step by step
- Cut a pack of silken tofu and prepare a teaspoon of grated garlic.
- Season ground beef and mix it lightly.
- Put some canola oil and Doubanjiang (Chilli bean sauce) into a pan (Strong heat). When the smell comes out add the beef, and when the meat changes colour add garlic..
- A moment later, put the all ingredients and Tofu then braise 2-3 min. Thicken the sauce with starch..
- Add 3 kinds oil for flavouring on top and wait 5 seconds with heating. It's not going to be greasy !!.
- This cooking video is 「Coozy Life Mapo tofu 」on my YouTube channel now ! Stay home but enjoy your cooking time guys !!.
Mun tahu literally means braised tofu, originally a Hakka Chinese dish, but is now widely enjoyed by I think of mun tahu as the non spicy version of mapo tofu. In fact, I would argue most Indonesians are. The one I use is here not specified as mapo tofu sauce but I use it all the time and it tastes amazing! [Instructions] Finely chop scallion and ginger, cut Add a tbsp of Szechuan peppercorn oil, wait until sizzling hot to add chopped scallion and ginger. Add vegan ground beef into the wok, stir fry with chili. Mapo Tofu (麻婆豆腐) is a fiery Sichuan pork and tofu stir-fry with the hallmark málà balance of tongue tingling and spicy.