Easy Roasted Orange Chicken. This easy dinner is bursting with flavor but won't leave you feeling guilty in the morning. The citrus notes of the chicken make a great companion to the. Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Coat the chicken with the canola oil and generously sprinkle with salt and pepper. This roasted orange chicken recipe will help you break out of a chicken boredom we can get into after one too many days of having the same old chicken This roasted orange chicken is so full of flavor. It comes out juicy yet crispy on the outside. You can cook Easy Roasted Orange Chicken using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Easy Roasted Orange Chicken
- It’s 2.5-3 pounds of bone-in, skin-on chicken pieces (drums/ thighs/ wings/ half breasts).
- It’s of For marinade:.
- It’s 1/4 cup of + 2 Tablespoons soy sauce.
- You need 1/3 cup of honey (you can also substitute with maple syrup or agave).
- It’s 1/3 cup of orange juice.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder (not garlic salt).
- You need 1-2 of green onions, chopped (including the white part).
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of oil.
- You need of optional: up to 1 Tablespoon distilled white or apple cider vinegar or lemon/lime juice if you like things a little extra tangy.
- You need of optional: 1/4 teaspoon ginger powder or 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger.
- It’s of optional: 1 Tablespoon sriracha or chili garlic sauce.
- You need of For garnish: 2-4 orange slices (just under 1/4-inch thick).
I love to stuff some onion and herbs into the chicken to let. Roasted chicken with orange, lemon or lime is very delicious. I love to use one of these garnishes when roasting a chicken. A large roasted orange chicken will look very enticing if displayed at the center of your dining table.
Easy Roasted Orange Chicken step by step
- Put all marinade ingredients in a bowl and stir until honey is dissolved..
- In a large mixing bowl, or casserole dish, or Ziploc bag, combine the chicken with the marinade and give it a few gentle tosses to thoroughly season all the chicken. If in a bowl or dish, you should flip the chicken halfway through the marinating time so both sides are seasoned through..
- Marinate chicken for at least one hour and up to overnight and take it out of the fridge 30 to 40 minutes before roasting to bring it up to room temp..
- Preheat oven to 425F..
- Put your chicken on a single layer, skin side up, on a sheet pan. (You might like to line it with foil for easier cleanup.) Reserve leftover marinade..
- Roast chicken for 30 minutes at first, then pour leftover marinade over chicken, place orange slices on the pan as well, and roast for an additional 15 to 20 minutes..
- Enjoy! :).
Get ready to carve that roasted orange chicken and give everyone a. I roasted the chicken in my Swiss Diamond Saute Pan because it's non-stick so I don't have to worry about the chicken sticking to the sides of the pan. But I digress, if you are looking for a tantalizing classic chicken dinner to serve this spring, Honey Orange Roasted Chicken Recipe is a sure win! An easy way to give roast chicken some character is to baste it with flavorful liquid. Contrary to conventional wisdom, this does nothing to keep the Use a nonstick roasting pan, or line a roasting pan with a double layer of aluminum foil.