Roasted Lemongrass Chicken. Easy Chicken Recipe Made With Two Of The Most Popular Flavors Perfectly Blended Together. Drain chicken from marinade and pat dry. Bring to room temperature and arrange breast-side up on a roasting pan.
Imbued with the flavors of both lemon and lime, you'll find this roasted chicken delicious as is, or serve it together with my sweet lime sauce for a delectable. Roasted lemongrass chicken thighs are one of my all-time favorite easy one-pan chicken dishes. For me, what makes this chicken great is not just the flavor, but the texture. You can cook Roasted Lemongrass Chicken using 19 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Roasted Lemongrass Chicken
- You need 1 kg of (about 2 lbs) chicken thigh and drumstick.
- Prepare 2 of lemongrass (white part), bruised.
- It’s 4 of kaffir lime leaves.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- You need 4 of cloves.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of ground nutmeg.
- It’s 1 tbsp of salt.
- You need 2 tsp of coconut/brown sugar.
- Prepare 100 ml of water.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground white/black pepper.
- You need of Grind the following into spice paste :.
- It’s 10 of shallots.
- You need 6 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 5 of red/fresno pepper, seeded.
- It’s 2 cm of ginger.
- Prepare 1 cm of galangal (in USA only dried one available).
- Prepare 2 cm of kaempferia galanga (in USA only dried one available).
- Prepare 15 of candle nuts.
- It’s 1 tsp of shrimp paste.
How to serve the lemongrass chicken. The lemongrass chicken can be a stand-alone meal. It is also ideal for serving with soup noodles. To serve, cut the chicken thigh to three or four large pieces, place it on steamed rice as the topping of a bowl of noodles, and drizzle some scallion oil (please refer to the recipe) on it as a garnish.
Roasted Lemongrass Chicken step by step
- Preheat oven to 350° F..
- Heat about 3 tablespoons of oil. Sauté spice paste, lemon grass, lime leaves, bay leaves, cloves and nutmeg until they get darker color and cooked. Add chicken, water, salt, sugar and pepper. Stir well. Turn the heat off..
- Prepare a baking dish, lined with aluminum foil. Put the chicken (make sure the skin is facing up) and the spice into the aluminum foil. Wrap tight..
- Put the baking dish into the oven. Bake for an hour..
- Take the baking dish out, open the aluminum foil wrap. Taste the sauce, add salt/sugar if necessary, do not forget to stir evenly if there is addition of salt/sugar. Put the baking dish back into the oven. Bake for another 15-20 minutes (until the chicken/sauce surface looks roasted)..
Using a spoon, rub the mixture on the bird, spreading it evenly; continue roasting. The chicken is done when its juices run clear. Heat a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat; swirl in oil. Notes *Lemongrass: To properly cut lemongrass, first pull off the reedy outer few leaves until you reach the more tender leaves on the inside. Juicy, fragrant Lemongrass Chicken infused with a dynamic marinade is stand-alone-delicious but also makes killer salads, wraps and zoodle/quinoa/rice bowls!