Lee's Spatchcocked Chicken & Roasted Veggies. Learn how to properly spatchcock (butterfly) a chicken with our comprehensive, step-by-step tutorial and photos. How to Spatchcock a Chicken Step-By-Step. Spatchcock Chicken roasts in half the time of a whole trussed chicken, and also cooks more evenly.
Spatchcock chicken is one of the easiest ways to make a roast chicken in a fraction of the time! Note: This isn't really "my" recipe—just my ratios. Feel free to play with it as you like! You can cook Lee's Spatchcocked Chicken & Roasted Veggies using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Lee's Spatchcocked Chicken & Roasted Veggies
- You need 400 of Degree Preheated Oven.
- You need 3.5-4.5 of Whole Chicken.
- You need of Heavy Duty Kitchen Shears.
- It’s 4 Tablespoons of Kosher Salt.
- You need as Needed of Cracked Black Pepper.
- You need of Lemon Pepper Seasoning.
- It’s of Cut Up Vegetables As Desired.
- It’s 1 Teaspoon of Dried Italian Seasoning.
- Prepare 4 Tablespoons of Olive Oil.
You can add more ginger and garlic if you'd like a stronger flavor, or throw in. My grilled Spatchcock Chicken first gets a dry rub and then smoked on the grill for added flavor. BBQ spatchcock chicken is super easy to prepare and delivers a moist chicken. Recipe adapted from Better than Bouillon.
Lee's Spatchcocked Chicken & Roasted Veggies instructions
- Using kitchen shears, remove backbone and set aside. Place breast side up and press down hard until you feel the breast bone snap. The chicken will now lay flat. Save the back bone for future use. (broth).
- Coat chicken liberally on both sides with the kosher salt. Place in the refrigerator uncovered overnight. Let the salt do its magic..
- Prepare vegetables. Liberally coat vegetables with olive oil, salt, pepper, and Italian spices. I used potatoes, onion, and celery for this version. I used lemon pepper seasoning for this chicken. Use anything that you like..
- Place chicken back on roasting pan and cook until the breast meat is around 160-165 degrees. This was a 4 pound chicken and was done at 50 minutes. Use a digital thermometer to determine when it's done. Note: Chicken will cook more evenly if brought to room temperature..
- Carve up the chicken, plate with the vegetables and enjoy..
Brush the chicken with the vegetable oil. Mix the chicken base, ketchup, brown sugar, cider vinegar, paprika, hot sauce, garlic. How to spatchcock (or butterfly) a whole chicken. This is the easiest, fastest, and most consistent way to roast a chicken! I also find that spatchcocked chickens are much easier to season consistently.