Sig's Coronation Chicken Salad. Coronation Chicken, a dish with Indian flavors, has since "become a staple in the U. K.," said Nicky Perry, whose almost-a-quarter-century-old West Village shrine to Use soft bread, so that the chicken salad doesn't go squirting out the sides with each bite. The original Coronation chicken was invented by writer Constance Spry and the founder of the famous Le Cordon Bleu cookery school Rosemary.
Coronation chicken is a combination of cold cooked chicken meat, herbs and spices, and a creamy mayonnaise-based sauce. It can be eaten as a salad or used to fill sandwiches. Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces. You can cook Sig's Coronation Chicken Salad using 21 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sig's Coronation Chicken Salad
- It’s of Chicken.
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 850 grams of chicken breast filet.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of paprika.
- You need 1 tbsp of salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of dried parsley.
- Prepare 1 pinch of each of pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Prepare of Mayonnaise.
- It’s 1/2 cup of mayonnaise homemade or good quality bought one.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of creme fraiche.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of homemade or bought mango chutney.
- Prepare 2 tsp of curry powder.
- Prepare 300 grams of mixed, seedless grapes.
- Prepare 1 cup of halved pecan nuts.
- It’s 1 handful of snow pea sprouts or coriander.
- Prepare of Salad.
- Prepare 1/2 of onion sliced finely.
- You need 1/2 head of lettuce of choice that is not crispy.
- You need 2 tbsp of rasberry vinegar.
- Prepare 80 ml of oil.
- Prepare 60 ml of olive oil.
Fold into the curry dressing and season with salt, pepper and Tabasco to taste. Serve with a green salad, and scatter with the toasted almond flakes. Remove chicken from pan and set aside. Coronation Chicken Salad is a timeless British classic that got a facelift!
Sig's Coronation Chicken Salad step by step
- Heat spoonful of oil in pan, rub the spices and parsley into chicken. Cook gently all the way through do not let get burned. Set aside to cool, slice into 5- 10 mm wide slices..
- Place all ingredients for mayonnaise into bowl mix gently, chill. Keep a few grapes and nuts for garnish..
- Arrange the lettuce and onions on plate. Mix vinegar with oil and olive oil, drizzle over lettuce.
- Arrange all three on a plate garnish with nuts and grapes.
A winning combination of the savoury, sweet and spicy this salad is a hit! Coronation Chicken Salad is an absolute staple when it comes to British lunches but it remains relatively unknown outside of the British Isles. Looking for that classic coronation chicken sandwich filling? We have loads of easy and quick coronation chicken recipes, which are perfect for sandwiches or to serve with a green salad. Find this coronation chicken salad recipe and more salad recipes at Tesco Real Food.