Tofu, miso and noodle soup – vegan. This nourishing vegan Miso Noodle Soup with Tofu is another great addition and perfect when you're feeling under the weather. Many people, at least here in the U. S., think of chicken noodle soup as the soup to sip on when you are not feeling well, but miso noodle soup is even better for you!
Tofu noodle soup is a cozy and familiar vegan alternative to chicken noodle soup. This quick and simple recipe is perfect for when you feel under the weather. It's a vegan alternative to chicken noodle soup that checks all the same boxes nutritionally and for lack of a better word, spiritually. You can have Tofu, miso and noodle soup – vegan using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tofu, miso and noodle soup – vegan
- You need 1 tbsp of coconut oil.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic, peeled and crushed.
- You need 2 cm of chunk fresh ginger, peeled and grated.
- It’s 2 of spring onions, finely chopped.
- You need 1 of small red chilli, finely chopped.
- You need 500-750 ml of veggie/ vegan stock.
- It’s 1 tbsp of white miso paste.
- You need of couple of handfuls of greens eg chinese cabbage, pak choi, choi sum, tatsoi, mizuna.
- You need 100 g of tofu, cut into bite-sized chunks.
- You need of Noodles of choice eg udon, soba – prepared according to packet instructions.
A healing, immune boosting vegan miso noodle soup filled with vegetables and tofu for a hearty, healthy, meal. I love miso soup because it is so warm and comforting all while being quick to make, affordable, super healthy, and ultra filling. Slurpable noodles, hearty tofu, and vibrant veggies go into this cozy soba noodle soup. When I was eight years old my family moved to southern California, where I spent the next six years of my life, before returning to the east.
Tofu, miso and noodle soup – vegan step by step
- Heat the oil in a pan (with a lid for later) on a medium heat..
- Add the garlic and spring onion and sauté for 3-5 mins. Add the chilli. And sauté for another 2 mins or so..
- Add the stock and simmer for 5 mins..
- Add the miso paste and whisk a bit so it’s completely mixed in..
- Add the greens. Cover and simmer for about 5 mins or until the greens start to wilt. This depends on the greens you use. I used chinese cabbage and mizuna today so i added the cabbage at this stage and then the mizuna at the same time as the tofu..
- Remove from the heat. Add the tofu and any more ‘delicate’ greens. Cover and let sit for 2-3 mins..
- Put the noodles in the bowls. Ladle the tofu/ miso on top. Sprinkle more chilli/ spring onion on top if you like. Enjoy 😋.
In creating this vegan tofu noodle soup, I used a mixture of olive oil with just a little bit of coconut oil to improve the mouthfeel. To the broth, I also added some soy sauce and nutritional yeast, to make up for the umami flavor lost to making this meatless. And finally, to give the tofu more of an irregular shape. Try our take on a classic miso soup recipe. This vegan recipe features the lovely & fresh kale but feel free to use any leafy greens of your choice.