Sig's Potato, Leek and Cabbage Soup. This soup is a delicious but healthy comfort food for a cold winter day! Add salt and pepper as desired. Potato leek soup, or potage parmentier, is a French classic.
This easy cabbage soup recipe is also easy to make in the Instant Pot or Crock-Pot, if you prefer. Add the stock, potatoes, Italian seasoning, bay leaf, cooked sausage, and stir to combine. Very good, I opted out of the bay leaf, used green onions instead of leeks, and added a small bit of butter. You can have Sig's Potato, Leek and Cabbage Soup using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sig's Potato, Leek and Cabbage Soup
- It’s 150 grams of of vegetarian , spicy chicken flavour prices ( if making vegetarian suopl).
- It’s 8 of rashers streaky smoked bacon (if making meaty soup.).
- It’s 1 tbsp of oil of choice , not olive though.
- Prepare 2 medium of leeks, sliced finely and washed.
- Prepare 1 large of stick of celery.
- It’s 500 grams of of a floury potato of choice.
- Prepare 1 small of savoy cabbage about 300 grams.
- Prepare 2 of large handful of baby spinach leaves.
- Prepare 2 of tablespoons of creme cheese ( philly type ).
- You need 1 1/4 liter of of good vegetable or chicken stock.
- You need 1 pinch of each or a little more of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of pouring cream (optional ).
Potato Leek Soup is a classic! Nothing's better than a bowl of hearty potato soup on a chilly day. To make this soup, cook chopped leeks in a little butter, then add diced potatoes, stock, and herbs. This cabbage and potato soup will warm and satisfy you on the coldest days of winter.
Sig's Potato, Leek and Cabbage Soup step by step
- In a pot deep enough to hold your soup, fry either the bacon or the vegetarian chicken pieces until they are crisped up. Take a slotted spoon and remove from pot set aside.
- In the same oil add the finely sliced leeks and sliced celery, cook on a low heat for about 10 minutes or so to soften them make sure they don't burn.
- Chopped the potatoes and add to the pot , and the stock of choice cook for another ten minutes, add the cabbage and spinach leaves then blend all together until it is a smooth soup , keep some of the darker leaves from the cabbage aside . To add shredded about five minutes before serving.
- Now add the cream cheese and the salt and pepper..
- If it is not creamy enough add some more cream cheese or a couple of tablespoons of pouring cream..
- Serve the soup with the the set aside fired pieces of choice sprinkled over the top and some toasted or crusty bread.or as here with chives and dried chilli pepper.
Nothing is as pleasing to eat on a cold day as a hot bowl of soup. And cabbage and potatoes are traditional, easily stored root vegetables that lend heartiness to meatless but completely satisfying wintertime meals. Whip up this simple soup as a starter for a dinner party or a light supper when you need a bit of comfort – it has a beautiful silky texture. This soup is one of my signature dishes and my all friends and family just love it. Why this recipe works: The pureed soup creates a creamy.