Vegetarian (Vegan) Garden Vegetable and Curry Soup. Serve this vegetarian Indian chickpea curry as a main meal or side dish. It's gluten-free, good for you and freezable so you can save any leftovers. An easy vegan version of a Thai noodle curry, packed with vegetables, coconut milk, chilli and spices to make a flavoursome, warming family meal.
That just makes it great for your weekly meal prep. It's Soup Week on Oh My Veggies! I've made a soup similar to this with summer veggies and green curry paste in the past, and I thought I could switch out the green curry with red and I'd get something pretty close to the Thai restaurant Red Curry Soup. You can have Vegetarian (Vegan) Garden Vegetable and Curry Soup using 36 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegetarian (Vegan) Garden Vegetable and Curry Soup
- Prepare of Vegetables.
- It’s 12 oz of Carrots, shredded or diced.
- Prepare 1 head of small, Napa cabbage (or see the optional ingredients below. I use Napa for the crunch, but Kale adds special flavor. Spinach is good too).
- It’s 5 stick of Celery.
- You need 2 of small, Turnip.
- Prepare 2 head of Broccoli, trimmed of stems.
- You need 1 can of (28 oz) whole, peeled, Tomatoes, crushed by hand.
- It’s 3 of small, Onion.
- It’s 3 of Leeks, trimmed of most of the green.
- Prepare 1 bunch of Cilantro (one).
- You need 2 of medium, Potatoes.
- It’s 1 can of corn, sweet, gold, drained.
- Prepare 1 bunch of basil (two).
- It’s 6 oz of Mushrooms, Shiitake.
- You need 6 oz of Mushrooms, baby Bella.
- Prepare 10 clove of Garlic, peeled, smashed.
- Prepare of Base.
- Prepare 6 oz of curry paste (to taste, whatever color you want).
- Prepare 2 can of Coconut milk, preferably full fat (have 2 extra cans on hand).
- Prepare 4 cup of Stock, or Broth, vegetable (have 2 extra cups on hand, either bought in a carton, or self-prepared, your call).
- It’s 4 tbsp of Butter (or the equivalent Vegan saturated fat substitute).
- It’s of Cookware.
- It’s 16 quart of Stockpot (it might work with a 12qt, but you're cutting it close, if you don't scale down a little).
- Prepare of Spices.
- You need 1 bunch of Basil (its listed on the veggies too, but trust me, it's an excellent garnish).
- You need 1 bunch of cilantro (same as basil, add while cooking, or just garnish).
- Prepare 2 tsp of Coriander (as needed really, to taste).
- You need 2 tsp of ground cumin (again, as needed, to taste).
- You need 2 tbsp of Salt (like all soup, salt adds a lot to this dish, be creative with how you salt it up).
- You need 1 tsp of white pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of cracked, Red Pepper.
- It’s of Starch.
- You need 1 packages of preparer's favorite noodle, starch, rice, potato, pasta, or vegetable. Or none at all..
- It’s of Optional.
- You need 5 cup of Kale, chopped.
- You need 5 cup of Spinach.
This delicious garden vegetable soup recipe tastes like a garden in a bowl. The layers of delicious flavor are what really sets this soup apart from others. Celebrate fall & winter produce with these nourishing soups! Farmers Market Vegetable Soup- a simple healthy vegan soup that is easy to make and loaded Nothing was wasted.
Vegetarian (Vegan) Garden Vegetable and Curry Soup step by step
- Chop all veggies to the desired size. I do my onions, leeks, celery, carrots small. The potatoes, turnips large. The rest medium..
- Brown Onions in the butter or vegan equivalent, in your big stockpot..
- Add coconut milk, garlic, curry paste, potatoes, turnips, all spices (except basil and cilantro) to browning onions. Bring to low boil over medium+ heat. 30 minutes. Stir often, don't burn..
- I use this time to prepare my starch. Egg Noodles are good, soba and / or rice noodles are wonderful too. What do YOU feel like tonight? Rice? Orzo?.
- Add carrots, celery, leeks, stock or broth (stock to taste – its here you decide how soupy you want your meal to be). Boil for 15 minutes more. Stir occasionally..
- Add corn, tomatoes, napa cabbage (or optional kale, spinach wait until the next step), any additional salt spices, coconut milk, or broth, and boil for 15 more minutes. Stir occasionally..
- Bring mixture to just below boil. Add spinach, one half bunch of cilantro, if you're using it. Add your mushrooms, broccoli, and basil. Cook until broccoli and mushrooms are soft. Don't stir too much..
- Serve. Enjoy. Use garlic/chile paste, soy sauce, Sriracha, hoisin, for additional flavor. Garnish with cilantro and basil..
Traditionally, it's a big pot of soup made with simple garden vegetables like. Saute the onions and garlic in the instant pot. Anjali is the author of Vegetarian Gastronomy, a website dedicated to Vegan Cooking with many Gluten-free options. She shares her culinary experiences and passion for. Browse our collection of vegetarian and vegan soups and stews, brought to you by the editors of Vegetarian Times.