You can cook Kuih Tako using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Kuih Tako
- Prepare of Bottom Layer – Green.
- Prepare of Pandan leaves (for juice and casing).
- It’s 1 l of water.
- You need 300-400 g of sugar (sweetness level is up to you).
- You need 100 g of Hun Kwe flour (I used corn starch).
- You need 6-10 of water chestnuts/Chinese turnips (peel and dice).
- Prepare of Top Layer – White.
- Prepare 1 l of coconut milk.
- It’s 400 ml of water.
- You need 100 g of sugar.
- It’s 100 g of Hun Kwe flour (I used corn starch).
- It’s 1 tbs of salt.
Kuih Tako instructions
- Bottom Layer – Green: Make the baskets/casings using the Pandan leaves to hold your tako. If you can’t make one, you can simple use any containers to hold the dessert..
- Blend the pandan leaves with 250ml – 300ml water, we getting the juice, baby! And then strain into a bowl..
- Mix all the *bottom layer* ingredients in a saucepan together with the pandan juice. Stir until combined. Stir and cook over low heat until about 4 to 5 minutes..
- Add water chestnuts/Chinese turnips and continue to stir for another 3 to 4 minutes. Keep stirring until the mixture thicken..
- Pour the mixture evenly into the casing and let it cool..
- Top Layer – White (coconut mixture): Mix all the *top layer* ingredients in a saucepan together with the pandan juice. Stir until combined. Cook on low heat for about 8 to 9 minutes, or until the mixture thicken..
- Pour the coconut mixture over the pandan water chestnuts layer. Let it cool completely before refrigerate..
- Serve chilled. Enjoy!.