Pure White Cream Stew with Turnips.
You can cook Pure White Cream Stew with Turnips using 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pure White Cream Stew with Turnips
- You need 4 of to 6 Turnips.
- You need 1/2 of Onion.
- It’s 2 of to 3 slices Bacon.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of ○Olive oil.
- You need 1 of ◎Turnip greens.
- You need of The basics of white sauce (béchamel sauce).
- It’s 2 tbsp of Bread flour (or cake flour).
- You need 200 ml of Water.
- It’s 400 ml of Milk.
- It’s 600 ml of worth of soup stock ●Bouillon/consommé/brodo (use whatever you usually use).
- You need 2 tbsp of ●White wine (or sake).
- Prepare 1 dash of ●Sugar.
- It’s 1 of ●Nutmeg.
- It’s 1 of to 2 ●Bay leaf.
- You need 10 grams of ★Butter.
- You need 1 tbsp of ★Parmesan (grated cheese).
- Prepare 1 of △Salt and pepper.
Pure White Cream Stew with Turnips instructions
- Peel the turnips (no need to peel if they are small) and cut into large chunks (about 6 pieces). Cut the turnip greens into 1 cm pieces from the stem..
- Thinly slice the onion against the grain. Slice the bacon into thin strips. Heat the ○ olive oil in a pot over medium heat and saute the onion until translucent. Once wilted….
- Quickly stir in the turnips and turn off the heat as soon as the surface is coated evenly with oil..
- Sprinkle in the flour into the pot from Step 3 and mix together..
- While mixing, the flour will blend in due to residual heat and will become moist..
- Pour water and milk into the pot and stir. Stir in the ● ingredients and turn the heat back on..
- The stew will become smooth as you keep stirring with a wooden spatula or something similar. Stir over medium heat until it starts to boil over..
- Once it starts bubbling, reduce to low heat and simmer for 7 to 8 minutes without a lid. Stir occasionally and create a flow against the current..
- Once the turnips soften, add the ★ butter and grated cheese to finish. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper, stir in the turnip greens a little before turning off heat, and it's done..
- Turnip greens (including the stem) cook through quickly, so the coloring will be nicer if you just add them right before serving, especially when you plan to reheat the stew later..