Perfect Pot Roast & Vegetables. Feed your family with Ree Drummond's Perfect Pot Roast recipe from Food Network. Place the roast back into the pot and add enough beef stock to cover the meat halfway. Chuck roast is the key to this pot roast recipe.
This delicious pot roast is browned then cooked to perfection in the oven. Make the easy gravy and sit down to feast, perfect for a holiday table or celebratory family meal. Look no further for the perfect POT ROAST and GRAVY recipe! You can cook Perfect Pot Roast & Vegetables using 12 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Perfect Pot Roast & Vegetables
- It’s 1 of 2-3 lb beef rump roast.
- It’s 3 tbs of cooking oil suitable for high heat (I use light olive oil).
- You need 1 of medium yellow onion – peeled and diced to 1/4" pieces.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic – crushed.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 3 cups of low sodium beef broth.
- You need 1/2 cup of marsala wine (optional).
- You need 4 of medium potatoes – peeled, cut in thirds across.
- It’s 3-4 of medium carrots – peeled, cut in thirds across.
- You need 3 of medium turnips – quartered.
- You need 2 of large parsnips – peeled cut in half across, fat ends quartered.
- Prepare To taste of salt and pepper.
Falling apart tender, extra flavorful, melt in your mouth good! This is one recipe you need to try! You want the perfect pot roast, right? Can I confess that as much as I love the tender, fall-apart And there you go!
Perfect Pot Roast & Vegetables instructions
- Let roast sit out at room temp while you prep all your veggies. Set veggies aside, but do not mix. Place only the potatoes in a bowl of cold water to prevent discoloration..
- Generously sprinkle roast with salt and pepper on all sides (this is a large piece of meat, more flavor/seasoning on the outside=better flavor inside)..
- Heat a large dutch oven (or other heavy bottomed, oven safe pot) over medium high heat – you seriously want this thing scorching for the best sear. Add oil. As soon as it shimmers use good tongs to place roast in pot, fat side down..
- Sear roast on all sides, do not turn to new side until currently cooking side easily releases from the pot (you'll see what I mean). When roast is nicely browned on all sides pull out of pot and place on a plate off to the side. Preheat oven to 450°F at this time..
- Reduce stove top heat to medium. Add onion and crushed garlic to the pot. Sautée 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add flour and cook 2 minutes more, wisking constantly..
- Wisk in broth and marsala. Bring to a simmer wisking frequently, until sauce just begins to thicken. Do not season at this time. Return roast to pot. Turn to coat in sauce, finishing fat side up..
- Arrange veggies around roast layered: turnips first, then parsnips, carrots, and potatoes last. The potatoes do not need to be fully submerged, and your roast will not be fully submerged. This is what you want. Place lid on pot. Place pot in oven. Reduce oven heat to 250°F immediately. Cook roast covered 2.5 – 3 hrs..
- Remove from oven. Using tongs, transfer roast to a cutting board. Tent with foil to rest at least 10 minutes, DO NOT cut immediately. Use a slotted spoon to remove veggies from pot to a platter, tent with foil to keep warm..
- Place pot over medium high heat on stove top. Bring sauce to a rapid boil. Boil until reduced by half, stirring often. Taste (careul it's hot lol) and add salt and pepper as desired. Turn off heat..
- To serve, thinly slice roast against the grain. Plate with veggies and drizzle with sauce. Enjoy!.
- See notes below ⤵.
- Note 1: If you do not want to use marsala add an additional 1/2 cup of beef broth to substitute..
- Note 2: For a smooth sauce pour through a fine mesh strainer to remove the broken down bits of onion and garlic. We personally like the extra pieces in ours..
If anything, make it to experience the deliciousness of the carrots. Here's a perfect pot roast recipe you can cook on the stove top that is super simple and tastes fantastic. My mama likes a boneless chuck roast and prefers. A simple yet perfect pot roast with carrots, potatoes, onions, fresh herbs and roasted garlic. Made this tonight and it was delicious!