The Best Banana Bread. The recipe is good, it's me baking the banana bread that is a work in progress! I have asked members for tips that really helped: don't over mix, lower rack so that top of bread is halfway point in oven, my loaf dish is glass so lower. With its super-moist texture, buttery banana and brown sugar flavors, and incredibly soft crumb, this is the best ever banana bread recipe.
There are a few tricks to making the best banana bread recipe possible. This is the BEST banana bread recipe ever! It is easy to make, super moist and bursting with banana flavor! You can have The Best Banana Bread using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of The Best Banana Bread
- It’s 1 pinch of Salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of Baking Soda.
- You need 1 tsp of Vanilla.
- It’s 1 of Egg – Beaten.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of All Purpose Flour.
- You need 1 cup of Sugar (can easily reduce to 3/4 cup).
- It’s 1/3 cup of Melted Butter.
- Prepare 3 of Ripe Bananas – Smashed.
- It’s 1 tsp of PoppySeeds.
It's made in one bowl (no mixer required)! The best banana bread I've ever made! I always use sour cream as the yogurty component, add bittersweet chocolate chips, and sprinkle the top with cinnamon before baking (dragging a knife through to create swirls) along with a coating of sugar for that crispiness. With so many "perfect," "best," and "easy" banana bread recipes out there, it's hard to know which one really takes the cake.
The Best Banana Bread step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- With a wooden spoon mix butter into smashed bananas in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix in sugar, egg, poppyseeds and vanilla.
- Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in.
- Add the flour last.
- Pour mixture into a buttered 4×8 inch loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Cool on a rack, remove from the pan and slice to serve.
Is it the one with the most bananas, or the abundance of chocolate chips? Can it really be done in one bowl, or is it worth pulling out the stand mixer? For added texture and soft crunch, add ¾ chopped nuts (walnuts are a traditional favorite, but pecans are great too) to the batter before baking. My Best Ever Banana Bread recipe is now yours, too! Get my chef-tested secrets to making this easy banana bread with incredible flavor and a moist Banana Bread tends to be one of those recipes that you need a master recipe for, one that never fails you.