Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies. I make this gluten-free chocolate chip cookie recipe a couple times a month, and have been for many years now! If you're looking for gluten-free chocolate chip cookies that have crispy edges, are chewy with a bit of a gooey center, and full of chocolate, then these are the cookies for you! These cookies are soft, chewy and golden like a good chocolate chip cookie should be.
What makes these "the best" gluten free chocolate chip cookies. All Reviews for Chocolate Chip Cookies (Gluten Free). These are the best gluten free cookies ever. You can cook Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- You need 1/2 Cup of Shortening (such as Crisco®).
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Butter or Vegan Buttery Spread (such as Earth Balance®).
- It’s 1/8 teaspoon of Butter Flavor (optional).
- It’s 2 of Large Eggs.
- It’s 3/4 Cup of Sugar.
- You need 3/4 Cup of Dark Brown Sugar.
- Prepare 2-1/3 Cup of All-Purpose Gluten-Free Flour (such as Bob's Red Mill® 1 to 1).
- You need 1-1/2 teaspoons of Kosher Salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Baking Powder, Aluminum Free.
- You need 8 Ounces of Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (such as Toll House® Simply Delicious Semi-Sweet Morsels).
My friends can't tell the difference. I had a hard time not eating the whole batch myself! Add the chocolate and gently mix to incorporate it. These cookies are open to your own imaginative interpretation.
Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies step by step
- In stand mixer bowl, combine shortening, butter or vegan spread, butter flavor (optional), eggs, sugar, and dark brown sugar. Mix on low to combine, then cream on medium-high to high speed for about 2 minutes until smooth consistency and pale tan/yellow color..
- In separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Wisk together..
- Slow mixer to low speed. Add vanilla extract and allow to mix for 30 seconds or so. Add flour mixture a little at a time to mixer. Once all flour mixture is added, allow to fold for about 1 minute to fully incorporate..
- Remove mixer bowl from stand, and add chocolate chips. Use a spatula to fold in chocolate chips until fully incorporated..
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and rest in refrigerator for at least 45-60 minutes. Trust me, this makes all the difference…..
- Preheat oven to 365-375° F. Line a cookie sheet or half sheet pan with parchment or silicone baking liner..
- Use a spoon or 1 Tbs. measuring spoon to form balls of cookie dough, about 1"diameter. Place on cookie sheet about 2" apart… on a standard sheet, I do 3 wide by 4 long..
- Bake 11-12 minutes until nice color and edges start to brown. Remove from oven and wait 30 seconds before removing from pan. Transfer cookies to wire rack to cool. *Tip 1: if you want cookies to stop cooking faster, slide parchment with cookie off of pan onto countertop. **Tip 2: Rinse backside of sheet pan under water to cool for 10-15 seconds or until cool to touch. This will allow you to start the next batch on a cool pan and maintain consistency between batches..
- Repeat Steps 7-8 until all the cookie dough is used..
- Pour glass of cold milk (or almond milk) and enjoy!!!.
Made with Betty Crocker™ All-Purpose Gluten Free Rice Flour Blend, these easy and delicious cookies are ready to eat in under an hour and can be stored for later. This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. The addition of the gluten-free, dairy-free chocolate chips makes these cookies gluten-free chocolate cookies extra chocolaty. These gluten-free cookies are so easy to make. My kids have a fun time helping make these chocolate chip cookies.