My Grandmother's Southern Banana Bread. Browse Our Bread Mixes And More Today. Here is how you achieve it. Ingredients of My Grandmother's Southern Banana Bread.
My Grandmother's Southern Banana Bread step by step. Add granulated sugar & beat well. Add brown sugar & mix well. You can cook My Grandmother's Southern Banana Bread using 11 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of My Grandmother's Southern Banana Bread
- You need 2 cup of Self Rising Flour.
- You need 1 stick of Butter (Not Margarine!!) Softened to room tempature.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Dark Brown Sugar, Packed.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Granulated Sugar.
- Prepare 2 of Eggs, Room Tempature.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Sour Cream (or You can use vanilla or plain yogurt).
- You need 4 large of Bananas, Very Ripe.
- You need 1 tsp of Baking Soda.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped nuts.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Mini Chocolate Chips (Optional).
- It’s 2 tsp of Vanilla Extract.
Add both eggs & combine until sugars are no longer grainy. Add Sour Cream & mix well. Add baking soda to flour & sift the flour. This buttery, moist bread is quick and easy to make needing only one bowl.
My Grandmother's Southern Banana Bread instructions
- Preheat Oven to 325°F..
- Butter 2 loaf pans very well..
- Cream Butter.
- Add granulated sugar & beat well..
- Add brown sugar & mix well..
- Add both eggs & combine until sugars are no longer grainy. Mix maybe 3-4 minutes..
- Add Sour Cream & mix well..
- Add baking soda to flour & sift the flour mixture together..
- Add flour gradually to the butter mixture..
- Mash bananas with a fork, add to your batter. Mix bananas into batter with mixer on low until just combined..
- Add Vanilla Extract, nuts, & chocolate chips. Mix on low speed until just combined..
- Bake at 325F, for 60-75 minutes. It is done when You put a toothpick into center of bread & it comes out clean, or just a few crumbs on it..
- I hope You enjoy my Grandmother's Recipe..
Loaded with two cups of mashed banana this bread is the best use for those ripe bananas on the counter! Grandma's Banana Bread is a great way to use up over ripe bananas. The recipe is very straightforward and we've had some lovely stories and feedback from you saying you've baked Grandma's Banana Bread with your son/daughter and they've enjoyed mixing the ingredients and of course, enjoyed eating their creation too. Chocolate Chip Banana Bread – this is an easy banana bread recipe that's full of dark, melty chocolate chips! Banana bread makes a great housewarming or Christmas gift and it's perfect for the Southern tradition of taking something to a family when a baby's been born or a loved one has passed.