Crockpot CURRY CHICKEN WITH EGGPLANT AND SUMMER SQUASH. Lots of thyme, Lots of chili flakes, garlic, Lots of tomato sauce, chicken stock, all purpose flour, sprinkle of salt and pepper, Butter Chicken and vegetables slow simmered in a rich, aromatic red curry sauce served over a bed of rice with plenty of fresh herbs. This dish includes everything you love about Thai takeout for only a fraction of the fat and sodium. I've officially inaugurated a new policy to use the slow cooker at least once a week, whether it be for steel cut oats, soup, or my current obsession: THIS Thai Curry!
Eggplants and potatoes are typical ingredients in Indian curries, but Indian spices are just too much for me during hot summer days. But I still wanted to make something nice and spicy with it, so Thai green curry was. Crock-Pot Creamy Chicken And Summer Squash. You can cook Crockpot CURRY CHICKEN WITH EGGPLANT AND SUMMER SQUASH using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Crockpot CURRY CHICKEN WITH EGGPLANT AND SUMMER SQUASH
- Prepare 1 packages of chicken legs.
- Prepare 1 medium of potato.
- You need 4 medium of eggplant chopped.
- You need 3 of Summer squash.
- It’s 2 small of zucchini.
- It’s 1 large of onion.
- You need 1 large of tomato.
- Prepare 1 large of mild green chili.
- You need 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
- It’s 1 tbsp of curry.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 of Juice 1/2 lemon.
We love this time of year when we can use our garden to supplement our meals with recipes like Crock-Pot Creamy Chicken and Summer Squash. Any summer squash will work for this recipe. I used yellow squash, but you can also use zucchini, crookneck squash, cousa squash, pattypan squash, or globe squash. These fusion tacos combine barbecue and curry flavors into one delicious Indian-inspired taco full of chickpeas and eggplant.
Crockpot CURRY CHICKEN WITH EGGPLANT AND SUMMER SQUASH instructions
- Place chicken legs in crock pot after rinsing Add 4 cups water chopped onion curry cumin and diced potato stir in minced garlic cook on high setting for two hours.
- Dice or coarsely chop or slice remaining vegetables (eggplant tomatoes onion chili squash zucchini) place in large bowl and squeeze lemon juice over veggies help maintain color and adds a citrus island kick.
- Sprinkle with salt and let stand until chicken and potatoes are tender.
- Add veggies to crock pot and cook another hour reduce to medium and cook thirty minuets.
- Serve over rice.
These vegetarian tacos are bold in flavor from the curry barbecue sauce. Recently, I was invited to try out some barbecue sauce from Bar-B-Que Beast. The recipe is easily scaled up and freezes well (see the tips, below). Serve the zucchini with a chicken or fish meal, or along with steaks or chops. Header image: Slow Cooker Summer Squash from CHOW Summer squashes are a wonderful thing, except for when they're overcooked into oblivion.