Crockpot Chicken Tinga. Slow Cooker Chicken Tinga Slow Cooker Chicken Tinga. Turn off the slow cooker and transfer chicken to a clean cutting board. Remove and discard the bay leaf.
Slow Cooker Tex Mex Chicken; Chicken Tinga Recipe. Crockpot Chicken Tinga is a shredded chicken with a spicy sauce. This tinga recipe will fill you. You can have Crockpot Chicken Tinga using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Crockpot Chicken Tinga
- You need 8 of Roma Tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 large of Onion.
- It’s 24 of Pace picante sauce – I use Hot.
- Prepare 3 tsp of Tomato bouillon with chicken flavor.
- Prepare 6 medium of Jalapenos.
- You need 2 lb of Chicken meat- white or dark or even mixed.
- Prepare 3 cup of Water.
- Prepare 1 box of Rice-boil in bag.
- It’s 1 packages of Mixed veggies-corn, peas and carrots.
Once the chicken simmers in the sauce, it will have a nice smoky chipotle flavor. It creates a tender, flavorful chicken that can be used in any dish! The crock-pot may go down as one of the greatest kitchen inventions of all time. Add to slow cooker with tomatoes, chipotles, garlic and chicken broth.
Crockpot Chicken Tinga step by step
- Cook chicken. While the chicken is cooking, cut up romas, onions and jalapenos. Seed the jalapeños if you don't want it really spicy. I seed half of them. Put cut up veggies in crockpot. Turn on high..
- When chicken is done completely and cooled some, shred chicken and add to crockpot..
- Cook rice per package directions and add mixed veggies to rice after rice is done. Sprinkle with tomato bouillon and mix together. Careful not to add to much to this step as it is salty. It's just to add a touch of flavoring to the rice. I keep the rice separate from the tinga..
- Start with rice in a bowl and smother the rice with the Tinga. I use the leftovers to make burritos. That recipe to come in a few days! Enjoy!.
The Tinga Chicken is ready when the chicken is tender and can be easily pulled apart. Shred chicken pieces using two forks. Serve Tinga with warm tortillas or crisp tostadas and arrange toppings in small bowls. Tinga de Pollo is a Mexican Shredded Chicken. This version is made easy in the slow cooker and can be used in so many recipes.