Crockpot Salsa Chicken. It's embarrassingly easy to make, full of flavor and so delicious! To make this salsa chicken, just pop some raw chicken in a slow cooker. But the salsa chicken would work perfectly on just about any other Mexican chicken dish you can imagine — quesadillas.
Use the salsa chicken in tacos, burrito bowls, or enjoy as is! Say hello to my solution to. Easy salsa chicken recipe can be tossed into the crockpot in minutes. You can cook Crockpot Salsa Chicken using 3 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Crockpot Salsa Chicken
- Prepare 6 of Skinless chicken breasts (season with salt and pepper).
- Prepare 1 Jar of Mild salsa (about 2 cups).
- It’s 1 cup of shredded cheese, Mexican blend.
Serve it on rice or in a tortilla to make a burrito. Crockpot Salsa Chicken is one of those perfectly easy dinners. It is what I like to call a "dump" recipe. Here is an easy salsa chicken crockpot recipe that only requires a few ingredients and is a healthy slow cooker dinner for sure!
Crockpot Salsa Chicken step by step
- Place whole chicken breasts in your crockpot and pour the salsa over it. Cook anywhere from 1½ to 2 hours on high, you don't want to cook it longer because it will start falling apart..
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Take a 8×8 baking dish or 9×13, depends how big your chicken breasts are (mine were fairly small), you can spray it with cooking spray if you want, but I didn't, and carefully place the chicken in the dish. Spoon some of the leftover salsa (from the crockpot) over the chicken and sprinkle evenly with the cheese..
- Bake for 15 minutes or until it's nice and golden brown, and you'll see the sauce and cheese bubbling..
Shred it and make tacos or serve it on top of rice for a delicious meal. Give rotisserie chicken new life with this super simple & delicious crock pot chicken casserole recipe. Packed with quinoa, chicken, veggies & salsa, this is about to become your new go-to hearty meal! Perfect on salads, bowls, tacos, burritos and more. This recipe is constantly on our weekly menu.