Shredded Hawaiian Chicken – Crockpot Recipe. This Crockpot Shredded Hawaiian Chicken reminds me of a dish you might find at a luau buffet. It's sweet and sour, and tropical. This shredded chicken recipe can be made ahead of time and reheated too, which is always a win-win.
I sometimes shred it after it is. For this recipe, we used chicken breasts. I think they are a bit more juicy and we prefer the white Shred chicken with two forks while still in the crock pot so the chicken will be well In the crock pot I mixed together, with a whisk, the entire bottle of BBQ sauce, the. You can have Shredded Hawaiian Chicken – Crockpot Recipe using 24 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Shredded Hawaiian Chicken – Crockpot Recipe
- Prepare 2 of lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 3 large breasts).
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of pineapple juice.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of soy sauce.
- It’s 1/4 cup of ketchup.
- You need 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of lime juice.
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of liquid smoke.
- It’s 1 tsp. of sriracha (use more for more spice).
- It’s 2 tbsp. of honey.
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of minced garlic.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of black ground pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of ground ginger.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of smoked paprika.
- It’s 1/4 cup of cold water.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of cornstarch.
- Prepare of Suggested for serving :.
- It’s of ·King's Hawaiian Burger Rolls.
- You need of ·Pineapple rings.
- Prepare of or.
- It’s of ·Jasmine or Basmati Rice OR Quinoa.
- It’s of ·Sesamee Seeds.
- It’s of ·Scallions.
- Prepare of ·Diced Onion.
Hawaiian Shredded Chicken is the perfect blend of sweet and savory. It's flavorful, light, and a simple slow cooker meal. Follow the recipe and serve the chicken in a chard wrap—or feel free to serve it however you wish: on a bed of greens, on top of a sweet potato, or over cauliflower rice. This gluten free crockpot Hawaiian chicken recipe is full of flavor and super easy to prepare.
Shredded Hawaiian Chicken – Crockpot Recipe instructions
- Start by trimming the fat off of the chicken breasts. Lightly grease the slow cooker and place the breasts down in the bottom..
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all ingredients EXCEPT for the cold water and cornstarch..
- Pour the pineapple mixture over the chicken breasts..
- Set the slow cooker to low for 6-7 hours (or high for 3-4) depending on how long you'd like to have it cooking..
- Once the cook time is up, take the chicken breasts out of the slow cooker and let them rest on a cutting board for about 5 minutes. The chicken should be very tender and falling apart. Then using 2 forks or your fingers, shred the chicken. Once shredded, set aside..
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk together the cold water and the cornstarch. Carefully transfer the liquid from the crockpot to a medium saucepan. Whisk in the cornstarch slurry and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until the sauce has thickened (should reach a syrupy consistency)… this will only take a few minutes..
- Toss the shredded chicken in the thickened pineapple sauce and stir to coat it all. Serve immediately. Refrigerate any leftovers..
- For serving, we used toasted King's Hawaiian Burger Rolls and topped with melted provolone cheese and pineapple rings. Then used whatever additional toppings we wanted (lettuce, tomatoes, onion, etc…)..
- This chicken is also pretty tasty served over rice or quinoa, sprinkled with diced pineapple, diced onions, sesamee seeds and scallions –>.
Let the slow cooker do all of the work for you and come This crockpot Hawaiian chicken is beyond words ah-maaaazing. I honestly felt like I was being very naughty and eating a gluten-laden plate of Chinese. Just three ingredients in this EASY recipe for Crock-Pot Hawaiian BBQ Chicken. This is one recipe the whole family will love! These slow cooker Hawaiian chicken soft tacos are incredible!