Shredded Mexican Chicken – Slow Cooker. The chicken cooks until its fork tender, then shredded and added back to the seasoned juices to re-absorb the flavor in every crevice. At this point, you drain any excess liquid. I like to save the seasoned liquid to cook my rice in like I first did in my Slow Cooker Fajita Chicken – so good – some of the.
And the best part of all is that your slow cooker does practically all of the work for you. We've got this super summer Slow Cooker Mexican Shredded Chicken on deck tonight. It's easy to throw all the ingredients into one pot, let it cook, and then shred it up when it's all done. You can have Shredded Mexican Chicken – Slow Cooker using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Shredded Mexican Chicken – Slow Cooker
- Prepare 2 of lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
- You need 1/2 cup of salsa.
- Prepare 3 tbsp. of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 can (4 oz.) of mild diced green chilies.
- It’s 1 can (14.5 oz.) of diced tomatoes, drained.
- You need 1/2 of onion, diced.
- It’s 1 tbsp. of chili powder.
- You need 1 tsp. of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of cumin.
- It’s 1 tsp. of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of onion powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of smoked paprika.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of oregano.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of black pepper.
- You need 1 tsp. of liquid smoke.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of ground chipotle chili pepper (optional for more heat).
This shredded Mexican chicken is so juicy and flavorful. Just like you get at an authentic Mexican restaurant. All the flavor is thanks to Hunt's In your slow cooker, combine the chicken (if it's frozen, no need to defrost, throw it in frozen), Hunt's diced tomatoes, chicken broth, cumin, salt and pepper. The chicken drops a lot of juice while cooking so there will be plenty of liquid in the slow cooker / pressure cooker.
Shredded Mexican Chicken – Slow Cooker step by step
- Grease the inside of the slow cooker. Place the chicken in the bottom..
- In a medium bowl, stir together the rest of the ingredients. Then pour over the top of the chicken..
- Cook either on high for 3-4 hours OR low for 6-7 hours, until the chicken is tender enough to shred easily..
- Remove chicken from the slow cooker and allow it to rest for 5 minutes or so, then use 2 forks to shred it. Stir the chicken back into the remaining juices/salsa mix and cook on low for an additional 20 minutes..
- After the additional 20 minutes, remove the chicken from the slow cooker with a slotted spoon. Use the chicken in your favorite recipe (some suggestions are listed in the recipe description and a few are pictured below)!.
- Chicken Nachos –>.
- Chicken Quesadilla Pie. –>.
- Southwestern Style Chicken Potato Skins –>.
- Easy Chicken Taquitos –>.
For the stove top, extra water is. I just shred the chicken right in the crock pot even because I don't like to dirty extra dishes! 🙂. But feel free to take it out to shred it and Place chicken breasts in the bottom of your slow cooker. Top with all of the remaining ingredients. Mexican shredded chicken is so delicious, versatile and EASY.