BBQ Shredded Chicken – Slow Cooker. Use your slow cooker to prepare this great twist on basic barbecue chicken. It is easy to prepare All Reviews for Zesty Slow Cooker Chicken Barbecue. Next time I will only add half a bottle of BBQ sauce to the crockpot, then add the remainder after I shred it as some other reviewers suggested.
Yes, it will dirty a couple more dishes, but it's totally worth. Slow Cooker Shredded BBQ Chicken Sliders with Coleslaw It's too hot to cook inside! It's too hot to BBQ outside! You can cook BBQ Shredded Chicken – Slow Cooker using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of BBQ Shredded Chicken – Slow Cooker
- You need 1 lb. of boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
- Prepare 1 can (8 oz.) of tomato sauce.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 3 tbsp. of apple cider vinegar.
- You need 3 tbsp. of honey.
- You need 2 tbsp. of brown sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp. of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 2 tsp. of liquid smoke.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of smoked paprika.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of garlic powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of pepper.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of onion powder.
- You need dash of hot sauce (I used Louisiana hot sauce).
- You need 1 tbsp. of cornstarch.
- You need 2 tbsp. of water.
This Crock Pot BBQ Chicken has come in handy a lot this week while I've been oven-less, but it's actually been my A simple recipe for how to make BBQ pulled chicken (also known as Crock Pot BBQ Chicken!) at home in your slow cooker! Shred chicken and stir well to coat with BBQ sauce. This Slow Cooker BBQ Shredded Chicken is made with a healthy a delicious BBQ sauce that's finger-licking good. This classic Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken is great for any recipe that requires shredded chicken including chicken noodle soup, tacos or enchiladas.
BBQ Shredded Chicken – Slow Cooker step by step
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all ingredients (except for the cornstarch and water) to make your BBQ sauce. Taste and adjust it to your liking..
- Lightly grease your slow cooker. Spread about 1/4 of the BBQ sauce over the bottom..
- Place the chicken breasts into the slow cooker and cover with the remaining sauce..
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours OR cook on low for 6-7 hours..
- Once chicken is ready, it should be falling apart. Remove from the slow cooker and set on a cutting board to rest for 5 minutes. Whisk together the cornstarch and water and stir it into the liquid in the slow cooker..
- Using 2 forks or your fingers, shred the chicken, then return the shredded chicken back into the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for another 30 or so minutes..
- Serve immediately. Refrigerate any leftovers..
Spray your slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Place your chicken breasts into the bottom. Season chicken with salt, pepper & smoked paprika. Put shredded chicken back in crock pot and stir well to coat it with the BBQ sauce mixture. I like to eat mine like an open-faced sandwich on thick.