Slow Cooker General Tso's Chicken. Slow Cooker General Tso's Chicken is a super easy meal with an amazing sweet and savory sauce with a little bit of heat! This is way better than takeout! How to make Slow Cooker General Tso's Chicken.
Add hoisin sauce, vinegar, sugar and sesame oil to a medium bowl and whisk until combined. The craving: General Tso's chicken from your favorite Chinese takeout spot. The problem: You've got different diners eating at different times. You can cook Slow Cooker General Tso's Chicken using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker General Tso's Chicken
- Prepare 1 1/2 lbs of Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs, diced 1 inch square.
- You need 1/4 Cup of Cornstarch.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Curry Powder.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Vegetable Oil.
- You need 1/2 Cup of Hoisin Sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Rice Wine Vinegar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Soy Sauce.
- It’s 1/4 Cup of Brown Sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of Ground Ginger.
- You need 1 of Green Onion, diced.
- It’s 1 Cup of Broccoli, or more if you like.
Ready your rice and your slow cooker for this better-than-takeout slow cooker General Tso's chicken. In this video, I go through the few steps to making Slow Cooker General Tso's chicken. It's an absolutely delicious dish and won't take much time to prepare. General Tso's Chicken made in a slow cooker is the perfect easy weeknight meal.
Slow Cooker General Tso's Chicken instructions
- In a bowl, add the chicken, curry powder, and cornstarch. Mix together, until the chicken is evenly coated..
- Heat the oil in a wok or a large frying pan over medium high heat. Add the chicken, saute it for about 5 to 10 minutes. Until the pink is gone. You do not have to cook thoroughly..
- Remove the chicken from the pan, then place it to the bottom of the slow cooker..
- In another bowl, mix together the hoisin sauce, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, ground ginger, and the brown sugar..
- Once it is mixed well together, pour the sauce over the chicken. Stir together to evenly coat the chicken..
- Cook on low for 2 hours, then add the broccoli. Stir slightly, then cook on low for another 30 minutes to an hour..
Best of all, this healthier recipe for a popular takeout dish has the same amazing flavors as your local Chinese restaurant. Made in your crock-pot or Instant Pot pressure cooker! I absolutely love this slow cooker General Tso's chicken recipe. It is super easy to prepare and tastes absolutely amazing. By the time the chicken is ready, it will have infused with all the delicious ingredients of the sauce and be very tender.