Crockpot Kung Pao Chicken. Skinny Slow Cooker Kung Pao Chicken is a delicious chicken coated in a sweet and spicy sauce with tender vegetables and crunchy cashews. Skip the takeout, this is so much healthier and better! I love the light and tastiness of this skinny Kung Pao Chicken recipe.
I can hardly believe I made such delicious Kung Pao Chicken in my crockpot! Slow Cooker Kung Pao Chicken is perfect for weeknight dinners. Chicken simmered in a spicy sauce and finished off with crisp sautéed red peppers and crunchy peanuts. You can have Crockpot Kung Pao Chicken using 22 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Crockpot Kung Pao Chicken
- You need 2.5 lbs of boneless, skinless chicken thighs.
- Prepare 2 of diced zucchini.
- It’s 5 of diced red bell peppers.
- Prepare 1 cup of diced mushrooms (optional).
- It’s 1/4 cup of shredded carrots (optional).
- You need 1-2 cans of water chestnuts.
- Prepare 2 tsp of sesame seeds.
- Prepare 1.5 cups of whole cashews.
- Prepare 2 tbl of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of powdered ginger.
- It’s 3 tbl of veg. oil.
- Prepare 3 tbl of water?.
- It’s 1 tbl of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbl of brown sugar.
- It’s 3 tbl of corn starch.
- Prepare 1 tbl of white vinegar.
- It’s 1 cup of low sodium soy sauce.
- Prepare 3 tbl of flour.
- It’s 2 cups of rice (brown or white).
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
Tender chicken, loads of veggies, and a delicious sauce! Perfect when served over brown rice or cauliflower rice! Slow Cooker Kung Pao Chicken comin' at ya! I don't know if you've noticed, but.
Crockpot Kung Pao Chicken step by step
- Spray cooking spray in crockpot, add all ingredients except for flour and cashews. Stir, cover, and if you c an let marinate in crockpot an hour before turning on. Cook on low for 5 hours. Stir occasionally if you can.
- One hour before done cooking remove approx 1-2 cups of the broth and make slurry with flour. Pour back into dish and stir. Cover and continue to cook on low for last hour so it can thicken..
- Start to cook rice this last hour (4 cups boiling water to 2 cups white rice).
- Salt and pepper to taste then add cashews and mix in. Enjoy!.
I really like my crockpot and making crockpot recipes; I really like recipes with. Kung pao chicken is a classic stir-fried Chinese dish made with chicken, peanuts, and vegetables. It's also a popular Chinese takeout dish in the U. This kung pao chicken recipe is my version of the Chinese-American takeout dish: cubed chicken tossed in a thick, sweet and slightly spicy sauce with veggies, nuts, and served over perfectly. This tasty Crockpot Kung Pao Chicken dish is full of sauce, spice, heat, and zing… and totally delicious served over rice!!