Slow Cooker Chicken Quarters with Potatoes & Carrots. Stir in olive oil, garlic and thyme; season with salt and. Recipe: Buttery Slow Cooker Chicken & Potatoes. by Patty Catalano. I daresay the best way to cook potatoes is nestled underneath chicken.
This easy approach to slow cooker chicken thighs is perfect for weeknights or supper club. The potatoes cook to tender perfection in garlic, parmesan, and fresh herbs and the chicken is perfectly juicy. Potatoes in the slow cooker are my jam. You can have Slow Cooker Chicken Quarters with Potatoes & Carrots using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Chicken Quarters with Potatoes & Carrots
- Prepare 1 lb of baby carrots.
- Prepare 1 lb of baby red potatoes -halved.
- Prepare 2 of large chicken leg quarters – skin on.
- You need 2/3 cup of water.
- You need 4 tbs of unsalted butter – cold, cut into 12 slices.
- Prepare 3 tsp of chicken seasoning.
- You need 1 tbs of cornstarch (optional).
- You need 1 tbs of cold water (optional).
I love any meal that has slow cooker potatoes involved. A little bit of crisp on the outside and so incredibly tender on the inside. Tools Used In This Slow Cooker Garlic Parmesan Chicken and Potatoes: Slow Cooker: Love this slow cooker and how programmable it is, it has My New Slow Cooker: This recipe was made in this slow cooker. I browned the chicken in the cast aluminum insert before cooking the chicken on low.
Slow Cooker Chicken Quarters with Potatoes & Carrots step by step
- Pour 2/3 cup water into the bottom of a 5-6 quart slow cooker. Spread baby carrots out in an even layer. Place halved baby red potatoes evenly over carrots. Sprinkle veggies with 1 tsp chicken seasoning..
- Place chicken leg quarters so they don't overlap each other on top of veggies skin side up..
- Arrange 6 slices butter on each leg quarter. Sprinkle 1 tsp chicken seasoning over each leg quarter..
- Place lid on slow cooker. Let cook on low for 6 hrs or on high for 4 hrs..
- Optional: When dish is done you can make a gravy with the juices if you wish. Remove chicken and veggies to a separate platter and cover with foil to keep warm. Wisk together 1 tbs cornstarch and 1 tbs cold water. Switch slow cooker to high if not already. Stir cornstarch slurry into juices. Let cook uncovered for 15 minutes or until thickened..
This easy chicken stew is cooked in the slow cooker with potatoes, carrots, onion soup mix, and tomato sauce. It's a simple combination of ingredients that is sure to please a hungry family. Learn how to make flavorful and juicy Curry Chicken (chicken breast) With Potatoes in a Slow Cooker, with simple step by step instructions from Chris De La. Combine chicken, potatoes, bell pepper, and onion in a slow cooker. In the slow cooker, add the sautéed onions and garlic, chicken, sweet potatoes, red pepper, green beans, chicken broth, spices, salt, and pepper.