Slow Cooker Jerk Chicken. Find Deals on Slow Cooker Chicken Seasoning in Seasonings on Amazon. Scrumptious Crock Pot Recipes To Make Any Meal A Success With Kraft®, Try Today! Slow Cooker Jerk Chicken is an easier way to make a delicious authentic Jamaican meal than firing up the grill and you'll have no worries about the smoke you'll be making on the indoor grill or the peppers burning your eyes standing above the outdoor grill.
Grab your favorite jerk seasoning (or use the one provided here) for this easy slow cooker recipe. I make some sort of variation of Caribbean food quite. Try not to touch the jerk blend with your hands because it extremely spicy hot- If possible use gloves or just place the chicken pieces and marinate in the slow cooker so that they are tucked tightly. You can have Slow Cooker Jerk Chicken using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Jerk Chicken
- Prepare 6-10 of bone in, skin on or off Chicken Thighs.
- Prepare 1-2 tsp of Ground Black Pepper.
- You need 3 of Green Onions, diced. Use the tip to the tail.
- You need 1/2 of Yellow Onion, diced.
- Prepare 1/2 of Scotch Bonnet Pepper(de-seeded and de-veined) or 1 Bell Pepp.
- It’s 1/3 cup of Soy Sauce.
- You need 1/4 cup of Distilled White Vinegar.
- You need 2 tbsp of Vegetable Oil.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Brown Sugar.
- You need 2 tsp of Thyme.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Ground Cloves.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Ground Nutmeg.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Ground Allspice.
Add the chicken, I liked to swish the chicken in the sauce so each piece is completely covered. This slow cooker jerk chicken is spicy and flavorful, yet requires barely any work! Place a wire rack in a foil lined bake sheet and coat with vegetable spray. Put the chicken in the slow cooker and pour over the jerk sauce.
Slow Cooker Jerk Chicken instructions
- Place the chicken thighs on a large pan and brown them on medium high heat on both sides for 5 minutes. First, sprinkle both sides of the chicken with pepper..
- In a food processor add the green onions, yellow onion, scotch bonnet/bell pepper, soy sauce, vinegar, vegetable oil, brown sugar, thyme, cloves, nutmeg and allspice and puree until smooth..
- Arrange the chicken in the pot of the slow cooker, skin side facing up..
- Pour the sauce on top of the chicken, then cook on low for 8 hours..
Serve the chicken on a bed of rice. Crockpot Jerk Chicken is the perfect meal as we approach warmer spring and summer months. Not only is all the work done by the slow cooker meaning you never have to turn on the stove, the mango salsa screams summer with its bright and fresh flavors. Heat the oil and butter in a frying pan until melted, then add the chicken, in batches if necessary, and cook until browned on all sides. Remove with a slotted spoon, leaving the fat in the pan, and transfer to the ceramic cooking pot.