Slow Cooker Barbecue Chicken. Use your slow cooker to prepare this great twist on basic barbecue chicken. It is easy to prepare and the sauce also makes a great topping for baked potatoes. Toss chicken with sauce in slow cooker to coat.
Place chicken breast in sauce and use a spoon to cover with sauce. Tag me on Instagram at @familyfreshmeals or leave me a comment & rating below. On are regular rotation of meals now! You can have Slow Cooker Barbecue Chicken using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Barbecue Chicken
- It’s 2 of large boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1.5 lbs worth).
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of ketchup.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of cold water.
- Prepare 1 tsp of onion powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of hickory flavored liquid smoke.
- Prepare 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar (white vinegar will do).
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of crushed red pepper flakes.
- You need 5-6 dashes of worcestershire sauce.
- It’s of Salt and pepper to taste (optional, I didn't use any).
Slow Cooker Pulled Barbecued Chicken Sandwiches is an easy recipe for a family friendly meal. At that point, the chicken is removed and pulled apart into shreds. You'll wrap it in foil to keep it warm and moist. The chicken cooks up so lovely in the slow cooker, fall off the bone tender, and the barbecue sauce and pineapple make a perfectly tangy and sweet When the pan is hot, brown the chicken on all sides.
Slow Cooker Barbecue Chicken step by step
- Place chicken in the bottom of your slow cooker. Wisk together all other ingredients. Pour evenly over chicken..
- Cook on low 6 hrs. Shred chicken (you can do it right in the slow cooker). Stir shreds into the sauce..
- Continue on low 1-2 more hrs to really flavor the chicken. Serve on toasted buns. Enjoy!.
- See notes below ⤵.
- NOTE: You can totally use bottled bbq sauce instead of the sauce ingredients listed. I'd go with about 1 1/2 cups sauce + 1/4 cup water. I just always have everything on hand to make homemade sauce and prefer it over bottled..
Pour over the barbecue sauce evenly. SLOW COOKER BARBECUE CHICKEN WITH BELL PEPPERS AND ONION I tried an older barbecue country style rib recipe of mine with chicken instead. Combine sauce ingredients in crock pot while chicken is cooking. Using the slow cooker method seals in moisture, making this one tasty SkinnyLicious sandwich. Slow-Cooker BBQ Chicken Recipe photo by Taste of Home.