Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken. Slow cooker teriyaki chicken is chicken breasts cooked with garlic, ginger, soy sauce and honey, then shredded and drizzled with sauce. This slow cooker teriyaki chicken is super easy to make, and naturally sweetened with honey instead of sugar. Oil the slow cooker and add the chicken breasts.
We have made this slow cooker teriyaki chicken in both our Crockpot and Instant Pot, and we provide instructions for cooking in either of these handy kitchen devices. It's really just a matter of how much time you have and whichever option you have on hand. Either way, you're going to love the saucy. You can cook Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken
- Prepare 2 lbs of boneless skinless chicken (breasts or thighs or a combo).
- It’s 1/2 cup of soy sauce.
- It’s 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of honey.
- Prepare 3 tbs of rice wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar.
- It’s 2 tsp of sesame oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground ginger.
- Prepare 2 tbs of cornstarch.
- It’s 3 tbs of cold water.
Place the chicken thighs in the slow cooker and pour the pineapple teriyaki sauce over top. Close the slow cooker and cook on high for four hours or low After cooking, carefully lift the chicken out of the slow cooker (it will be fall-apart tender). Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken – this easy chicken teriyaki is made with a just a handful of ingredients and flavors. The ginger and garlic will Teriyaki Chicken EASILY MADE AT Home.
Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken instructions
- Cut chicken to 1 inch cubes. Place in slow cooker. Wisk all remaining ingredients (except cornstarch and water) together in a medium bowl until well combined and sugar is dissolved..
- Pour sauce over chicken and stir to coat. Place lid on slow cooker. Cook on high for 2 hours or low for 4 hours, stirring halfway through cooking..
- In last 30 minutes or so, wisk cornstarch and water together to form a slurry. Stir slurry into sauce until thoroughly combined. Return lid, continue cooking until sauce has thickened. Serve over rice. Enjoy!.
- Note: Appliances vary. If sauce does not thicken in your slow cooker transfer contents to a medium sauce pan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer until thickened..
Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken is an easy weeknight meal you'll love, but the best part is the leftovers are. This Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken recipe makes enough chicken to feed my family and have leftovers! This slow cooker teriyaki chicken recipe is easy to make, but as always we'll walk through the process step-by-step, and don't forget to watch the video. Leftover slow cooker teriyaki chicken can be frozen and reheated later. It's a great protein to have on hand for last-minute lunches and dinners.