Chocolate Walnut Banana Bread. Walnuts star in this easy-to-make Banana Walnut Bread recipe from Food Network Kitchen. Banana bread is easy to make-just a few simple steps-and irresistible to eat. We recommend making a few extra loaves, wrapping in plastic, and freezing.
This is my all time favorite version and I have tried many over the years. The chocolate put the bread positively off the charts. Dear banana bread lovers, putting chocolate chips in your banana bread is like having your bananas and chocolate go on a date. You can have Chocolate Walnut Banana Bread using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chocolate Walnut Banana Bread
- It’s 2 cups of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of butter (room temperature).
- It’s 3/4 cup of light brown sugar.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- You need 3 of large very ripe bananas (don't mash until ready to mix).
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/3 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts.
This is the best banana bread recipe ever! I also added walnuts and the crunch gave a nice touch to the otherwise dense banana texture. My Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is ultra moist because I use a secret trick! This banana bread recipe can be made with or without the chocolate chips and This chocolate chip banana bread that I am sharing with you today is EVERYTHING.
Chocolate Walnut Banana Bread instructions
- Preheat oven to 350° & spray a glass 9×5 loaf pan with non stick spray..
- In a large bowl sift together all the dry ingredients except walnuts (flour, salt, baking powder, and cocoa.) I sifted mine 3 times. This will ensure all your ingredients mix well and you won't overwork the batter..
- In a separate bowl use a hand mixer to blend all the wet ingredients until smooth (eggs, butter, vanilla, and brown sugar.) Set aside and mash your bananas with a fork (a few chunks are ok.) Once mashed combine bananas with the wet ingredients. Add the walnuts and give a quick stir..
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet. I recommend doing this in batches. I did 4 batches, gently folding each with a spatula. Stir just enough to combine. You don't want to overwork the batter because it will result in a dense bread. Pour into prepared dish and place on center rack in oven..
- Bake at 350° for about an hour. Check for doneness by inserting a small knife or a wooden skewer into the center. It's done if it comes out clean. Ovens vary so cooking time may be a little different..
- Remove from oven and let cool in pan for 30 minutes. After that remove from pan and cool for another hour on a rack..
Like, I am fairly certain I will never post another banana. It's time to use up those frozen bananas and make the BEST banana bread ever. Banana bread with crunchy bits of walnut and chocolate! Banana bread recipe loaded with chunks of dark chocolate chopped walnuts. Over the years, I've made a black and white banana loaf, bananas foster banana bread, peanut butter-chocolate chip banana bread, zucchini-banana bread, ultimate banana bread, and yet, I still can't pass up a.