Slow Cooker Orange Chicken. This slow cooker orange chicken is breaded chunks of chicken tossed in a sweet and savory Asian sauce and cooked in the crock pot. This slow cooker orange chicken tastes a lot like the fast food favorite, but it's made at home in your slow cooker with less oil. It's sure to become a family favorite!
I was looking for a slow cooker orange chicken so decided to give this one a try inspite of the bad reviews. Crockpot asian inspired recipes like this crockpot orange chicken are the best! You can also check out: slow cooker lo mein, slow cooker teriyaki chicken, slow cooker kung pao chicken, slow cooker ramen noodles. You can cook Slow Cooker Orange Chicken using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Orange Chicken
- Prepare 1.5-2 lbs of Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs/Breasts.
- It’s 1/4 Cup of Cornstarch.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Curry Powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Ground Red(Cayenne) Pepper.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Coconut Oil.
- It’s 1-2 cups of Peppers, chopped up.
- You need 1-2 cups of chopped carrots.
- You need 1 cup of Orange Marmalade.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Aminos Acid/Soy sauce.
- You need 1/4 Cup of Rice Wine Vinegar.
- You need 1 tbsp of Sesame Oil.
- You need 1 tsp of Ground Ginger.
- It’s 1-2 Cloves of Garlic, minced.
- You need 1-2 Cup of Broccoli, or more if you like.
You can prep this slow cooker orange chicken in less time than it would take you to pick up takeout! And this homemade dinner is likely much healthier than what you might order from a restaurant. The typical orange chicken commonly found in American Chinese restaurants consists of chopped, battered and fried chicken pieces that are coated in a sweet-caramelized-orange-glaze-flavored sauce. Can this be made in the slow cooker?
Slow Cooker Orange Chicken instructions
- Dice the chicken up into 1 inch pieces. Place the chicken into a medium bowl..
- Add the corn starch, curry powder and cayenne pepper onto the chicken, then mix until evenly coated. Personally, I use my hands to mix it together..
- Heat a large pan or wok over medium heat, coat with the coconut oil, then added the chicken. Heat each side for about 5 minutes, until the pink is gone. Place the chicken into the slow cooker, along with the carrots and peppers. Mix the peppers into the pot. ***Please use a slow cooker liner***.
- In a small bowl, add the orange marmalade, aminos acid, rice wine vinegar, ground ginger, sesame oil, and minced garlic. Stir to mix. Pour onto the chicken in the slow cooker. Close the lid, set the temperature to low, and the timer to 2 hours..
- After 2 hours, add the broccoli to the slow cooker. Stir it, then put the cover back onto the slow cooker. Once again, set the temperature to low and the timer to 30 minutes..
This incredible slow cooker orange chicken is super easy and will please anyone who loves the flavors of citrus. By the time this dish is ready, the chicken will be tender and coated in a delicious citrus sauce. You can eat the chicken by itself, but I recommend that you cook some rice to go along. Slow Cooker Orange Chicken makes the perfect easy weeknight meal. Best of all, it's so simple to whip up in your crock-pot or Instant Pot pressure cooker.