Cabbage and Potato Pakoras/Cabbage Aaloo Pakoras. Cut cabbage to quarters and add them to hot water. Then remove and rinse with fresh water. Bread would accompany the cabbage pakora and we would finish up everything before the next batch of pakoras came.
While making pakoras, I always avoid adding baking soda to the batter. I do not like. recipe. there are several variation to pakoras and also it can be prepared with various vegetables. out of all onion pakora or khandha bhajiya is hugely this recipe is shared by my friend shreeprada. she prepares plain cabbage pakora recipe during festival seasons and during those time when onions are. In the pakora batter, rice flour is added which helps in making crispy outer layer. You can have Cabbage and Potato Pakoras/Cabbage Aaloo Pakoras using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cabbage and Potato Pakoras/Cabbage Aaloo Pakoras
- You need 1 cup of Gram Flour or Besan.
- You need 2 of Potatoes shredded.
- You need 1 of Cabbage small shredded.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Cumin powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Coriander powder.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Coriander leaves finely chopped.
- You need 2 pinches of Baking soda.
- It’s 1/8 tsp of Asafoetida.
- You need 1 tsp of Ginger garlic paste.
Also addition of hot oil in the batter helps for the same texture. These aloo pakora are the perfect snack during the monsoon season. It is raining outside, having a garam chai with fresh pakora, of course I will be in the heaven. Cabbage Potato Masala Mix – Vegetables are very essential for our diet, but the problem is how to convince children and family to have them.
Cabbage and Potato Pakoras/Cabbage Aaloo Pakoras instructions
- Make a semi thick batter with all the ingredients mentioned. Use of water depends on the quality of Gram flour used. Make sure you mix it with your hands. Wash your hands thoroughly before doing so. Keep aside for 15 minutes..
- Drop small balls of the batter into the hot Oil. Fry few at a time. Use a clean spoon if you cannot do it with your hands. Stay safe while frying. Fry until golden brown and crisp. Take care not to burn them. Keep an eye while frying. Keep turning at regular intervals to ensure that they are evenly cooked..
- Serve with Grapes Chutney or any other dip of your choice. Enjoy!.
Cabbage Pakoras – Mix the ground paste with a little water to form a thick paste. Pakoras or pakoda with cabbage as main ingredient. Besan/ gram flour, rice flour with other spices added for flavour makes best evening snack I added too much of cabbage and tried the way I make onion pakoda. Where I just add besan and rice flour to coat the onion so that we get crispy pakoda. Rinse the cabbage under cold running water and remove the tough outer leaves.