Slow Cooker Curry Chicken. Warm curry flavors and creamy coconut milk add flavor and moisture to lean chicken breasts. This slow cooker chicken curry is perfect in every way – juicy pieces of chicken, a spicy, flavorful gravy that has the right consistency – this is the perfect dinner to come home to. So who is with me when I say slow cookers are awesome?
Slow Cooker Chicken Curry – lip-smacking creamy curry chicken in a perfect blend of homemade Jamaican curry powder and other spices. This is a slow cooker chicken curry that's packed with vegetables and so much flavor. It's incredibly easy to make and reheats well as leftovers. You can have Slow Cooker Curry Chicken using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Curry Chicken
- You need 1 tbsp of coconut oil.
- Prepare 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion, diced.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of chopped carrots.
- It’s 1 tbsp of fresh ginger, minced.
- It’s 1 (13.5 oz) of can of coconut milk.
- You need 1 (6 oz) of can of tomato paste.
- It’s 2 tbsp of flour.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of curry powder.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of garam masala.
- You need 1 tsp of chili powder.
- It’s 1-2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- You need 2-3 lbs of boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cut up into 2 inch pieces.
This slow cooker chicken curry is perfect in every way – juicy pieces of chicken, a spicy, flavourful gravy that has the right consistency – this is THE. When I made this slow cooker yellow chicken curry I was dancing around my kitchen because I was so happy. If you're a fan of Thai food you should try this slow cooker yellow chicken curry! You're going to be in awe of how easy it is to make such a delicious, comforting bowl of goodness at home.
Slow Cooker Curry Chicken step by step
- Heat coconut oil in a medium pot over medium heat. Add garlic and onion, and sauté until onions become translucent, about 5 minutes..
- Then add the carrots and ginger into the pot, cook for about 5 minutes. Stirring occasionally..
- In a medium bowl, add coconut milk, tomato paste, flour, curry powder, garam masala, chili powder, and pepper. Stir until well combined and slightly thickened. Transfer to the pot and cook everything together for another 5 minutes..
- Put the chicken into the slow cooker, then pour the curry sauce on top of it. Stir together. Close the lid, put the temperature to low, and set the timer to six hours..
- After three hours, take off the lid, stir for about a minute, then replace the lid and let cook for another three hours..
Slow Cooker Chicken Curry: This is an easy curry that you can adjust to your tastes. It is worth frying the onions and spices off at the beginning to give the curry a When the chicken is cooked and you're ready to serve, check seasoning and add more paprika to taste, if it needs a touch more spice. This slow cooker chicken curry is definitely a keeper in my house that's for sure! If you're trying to keep things even healthier though, my slow cooker vegetarian chili, slow cooker vegetable curry and coconut chickpea curry recipes are exactly that and more. This healthy Slow Cooker Chicken Curry is SO incredibly easy.