Crockpot Sweet and Spicy Chicken 🐔. Slow Cooker Sweet and Spicy Chicken Recipe. This is a seriously delicious chicken recipe – it's a touch sweet from the brown sugar, a touch salty from the soy sauce, and with just enough heat from the Asian chili garlic paste. Last night if you were in my kitchen, you would have witnessed us messily eating it out right out of the slow cooker.
Place cover on crock pot so that the lid is slightly ajar. Return chicken to crock pot to coat, then serve either alone or over a bed of rice and topped with sauce. This was delicious, but definitely sweet and not at all spicy. You can have Crockpot Sweet and Spicy Chicken 🐔 using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Crockpot Sweet and Spicy Chicken 🐔
- It’s 1 of large pack chicken thighs (boneless, skinless).
- Prepare 2 of onions, sliced.
- Prepare 6 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Prepare 1/8 teaspoon of crushed red pepper.
- It’s 1/8 teaspoon of ground ginger.
- You need 2 tablespoons of soy sauce.
- You need 3 tablespoons of teriyaki sauce.
- You need 1/2 cup of honey.
- You need 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar.
- You need 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of corn starch.
- Prepare of Water to mix into cornstarch.
The ratio of chicken to other stuff was too high – had to throw away a lot of toppings. Will increase the amount of chicken I use next time, and probably add cayenne as others have suggested. Make sure you get the chicken crispy on the outside before putting it in the slow cooker. The Crock-Pot® slow cooker is perfect for this recipe as not only it cooks the chicken wings in the spicy sweet sauce, but I can set it up and enjoy the game with no checking on the dish.
Crockpot Sweet and Spicy Chicken 🐔 step by step
- Rinse and pat dry your chicken thighs, then place into crockpot…
- Add your sliced onions to the chicken……..
- In a bowl combine: minced garlic,black pepper,crushed red pepper, ground ginger, soy sauce, teriyaki sauce,honey, apple cider vinegar and brown sugar, mix all well…….
- Pour wet mixture over chicken thighs……
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours…….
- If crockpot contains too much liquid, just leave lid slightly off crockpot as it cooks, this will help to evaporate some of the liquid that the chicken tends to put out…..Stir occasionally……
- About 2 hours before chicken is done cooking add in your cornstarch mixed in with a bit of water and stir this into your crockpot…..This will help to thicken up that delicious liquid !!!!.
- Serve with white rice and enjoy 😉!.
Once the cooking time is over, the Crock-Pot® slow cooker sets to WARM setting. The smart cooking sidekick that learns what you like and customizes the experience to your personal tastes, nutritional needs, skill level, and more. Crock Pot Chicken Thighs are cooked in an Asian inspired sauce for a new family favorite! Much like baked chicken thighs, the dark meat in this recipe stays moist and juicy with little effort. Serve this recipe over fried rice or your favorite chow mein noodles and a side of sesame ginger bok choy!.