Crockpot BBQ Chicken Sandwiches. Season chicken breast lightly (a small pinch per breast) with some sea salt and place in your In a mixing bowl combine BBQ sauce, Italian dressing, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce. We had no extra BBQ sauce. I made the sandwiches for dinner placing some of the shredded chicken on.
My son even asked for refills on the chicken (which is a big deal). l'm pretty sure all of the adults had seconds. I love this because I put the chicken in frozen so I don't have to get icky and this means I can truly have this going in less than five minutes after coming up with the idea. This Crock Pot BBQ Chicken has come in handy a lot this week while I've been oven-less. You can cook Crockpot BBQ Chicken Sandwiches using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Crockpot BBQ Chicken Sandwiches
- It’s 5 of large chicken breasts.
- You need of Your favorite BBQ sauce.
- It’s Pinch of salt & pepper.
- It’s Dash of oregano.
- Prepare Dash of granulated garlic.
Pour BBQ sauce (I use Sweet Baby Ray's) and spices in crockpot. Add Chicken and cover with sauce. This recipe for crockpot BBQ chicken is one of my favorite crockpot chicken recipes. I make this recipe often when I need a quick dinner that all of my kids will happily eat.
Crockpot BBQ Chicken Sandwiches step by step
- Add chicken breasts to the crock pot with some salt, pepper, oregano, and garlic for 3 hours..
- Remove liquid. (I store mine in the freezer until a time I need chicken stock!).
- Add your desired BBQ sauce and desired amount. (I used about 1/2 cup on mine. I like my shredded BBQ chicken to be a bit coated in BBQ!).
- Serve up on your favorite hamburger buns with pickles!!! (I served my BBQ chicken sandwiches with homemade coleslaw–see recipe for details!).
We usually enjoy this barbecue chicken in sandwiches. Try it on a homemade brioche bun for the BEST. Pulled BBQ sandwiches have never been my "thing", which is unfortunate given that we live in Memphis. And have three delicious meals: BBQ Chicken Nachos, BBQ Pulled Chicken Pita Pizzas and BBQ Chicken Sandwiches (recipe below!) One of the greatest time savers I've found as the mother of small kids is freezer meals. You can put together several meals at once.