Beef and potato soup. Slow-cooker easy, this soup is a Christmas Eve tradition after church services at our house. Stir in the potatoes, carrots, celery, seasonings and remaining broth. Hungarian Beef-and-Potato Soup. © Elizabeth Drago, Food Stylist Vivian Lui.
But I think the potatoes would be fine to add with the beef and the rest of the ingredients. Is there a reason it's suggested to wait until after the beef is done? Make the beef stew the night before, cool to room temperature, and refrigerate; reheat single servings in the microwave or a. You can cook Beef and potato soup using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Beef and potato soup
- It’s of soup.
- Prepare 2 lb of 93% lean ground beef.
- You need 3/4 cup of onion, small dice.
- You need 2/3 cup of flour.
- Prepare 32 oz of beef stock.
- It’s 5 medium of potatoes, washed and cut into small cubes.
- It’s 5 medium of carrots, chopped.
- Prepare 3 of celery ribs, chopped.
- Prepare 3 tsp of dried thyme.
- Prepare 2 tsp of parsley.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of pepper.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of half and half.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
Remove from oven; uncover and stir in potatoes. Kansas City is famous for its wonderful beef restaurants and its steak soup. Our version of this regional favorite incorporates steakhouse staples: garlic, potatoes, green beans, onions and steak sauce. This comforting beef stew gets a lot of help from canned tomato soup and beef stock.
Beef and potato soup step by step
- In large skillet heat olive oil over medium heat. Add in beef and onion and cook until beef is no longer pink. Because of the large amount of beef, cook in two batches..
- Remove all cooked beef from pan leaving any fat rendered..
- Add flour to pan and whisk in with the fats for 1 minute. Then whisk in stock until smooth..
- Bring to boil then turn heat to simmer. Add in all other ingredients except for half and half..
- Stir, cover and simmer for 1 hour..
- Uncover and add in half and half. Heat thoroughly..
- Soup should have a thicker appearance but not as thick as a full cream soup..
Return beef cubes to Dutch oven and add water, tomato soup, potatoes, corn, onion, beef stock concentrate, mushrooms, carrots, celery, vegetable soup mix, and basil; bring to a boil. what you'll need to make beef stew with carrots & potatoes. The most important thing is to start with the right cut of meat. You want to buy chuck roast that Pat the beef dry and season with the salt and pepper. In this easy cooking video, I make some beef and potato soup in my slow cooker. Sweet potatoes have been the "it" fresh produce at our fall table.