Homemade fries. The Best Food Always Starts With The Best Ingredients. Try The Tasty Ore-Ida® Fries Today! So I tried batter – after all it makes chicken, shrimp, and onion rings crispy so why not potatoes.
When the oil's hot, start frying the potatoes in batches again, cooking until the fries are golden and crisp. Remove the potatoes from the oil and drain on paper towels. When the timer rings, slide out the basket and shake the fries. You can have Homemade fries using 4 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Homemade fries
- It’s 10 of potatoes.
- You need 11/2 cups of oil.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of tumeric.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
Fry until the timer rings and the fries are golden brown. Sprinkle with salt and serve on a platter. Homemade french fries are crazy delicious. The best fries are double-fried, first at a lower temperature to cook them through, then again in hotter oil to crisp them up to golden perfection.
Homemade fries step by step
- Peel, wash and divide the potatoes into desired shapes.
- Rinse and drain the excess water, set aside.
- Sprinkle salt and tumeric and mix well.
- In a deep frying pan, heat oil till hot and fry the potatoes until they cook, should be soft inside and crispy on the outside.
- Enjoy while hot with you favourite sauce and drink.
This recipe is very flexible—you can make as many or as few fries as you like. Plan on one large potato's worth of fries per person if serving as a side. Homemade french fries are easier to make than you might think—and the results are better than you can imagine. We're here to show you how to make french fries in the oven, in an air fryer, or the classic way: deep-fried in oil. No matter which method you choose, you're just a handful of ingredients and minutes away from a satisfying, go-with-everything side dish.